X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thnk John Piper made a stained glass window for the cathedral.

Just back from an afternoon in the open air and quite pleased that the P, which completely mystified me, has been explained.

By the way, Anna, re your naughty reference, I thought the song was "She sits among the cabbages and peas" for which "She sits among the onions and leaks" is an alternative. Good old music hall stuff, but not on the BBC.

Comment

Piper at the Gates of Dawn. omg, how simples is that Ratty? No idea. said Mole. Youth of today, innnit? Parp, Parp, said Toad

I think anton gets it?

Come on shine!
      Last edited by Guest; 24-04-11, 21:45.

Comment

Ah... I was a bit unclear who was going to be O-ing, but I see anton has been invited to do so.

Mr Gould, are we going to thrill to your O this morning?
        "...the isle is full of noises,
        Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
        Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
        Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

I thought we were on Q (or R), as P turned out to be Piper. Or haven't I been paying attention?

Comment

Originally posted by Ofcachap View Post
            I thought we were on Q (or R), as P turned out to be Piper. Or haven't I been paying attention?
            no just me being a plonker... Q is right of course I'm a bit dozy this morning, I think I shall retire for a few more zzzzzzzzzz with my recording of the latter parts of CD Review on the bedside...

Saw half the Corrie omnibus yesterday - you were so right, that Stephanie Cole line was SOO good, in response to "you must be shattered": "why? I was sitting in the bus, I didn't push it" Loved her response to Sean mincing about too: "who is this person?"....

More anon...

Comment

Ooooh are the writers indulging Ms Cole's dark side? It'll be that Tony Warren stickin' his oar in I shouldn't wonder. Miss Warren's Profession How wunnerful.

Is there a DVD/iPlayer I can consult?

Comment

Eposides of Corrie can be seen on the ITV Player for up to 30 days after the last repeat (which usually means after lunchtime the day following first transmission). I thought the whole of last night's 'Day Trip to London/Brief Break in Weatherfield' double strand was a waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                  Ooooh are the writers indulging Ms Cole's dark side? It'll be that Tony Warren stickin' his oar in I shouldn't wonder. Miss Warren's Profession How wunnerful.

Is there a DVD/iPlayer I can consult?

It's basically a reprise of the "Waiting for God" character with some cracking writing. Try and see the eps from the start of last week beginning with this on Monday: her arrival is around 9' 30"
                  http://www.itv.com/itvplayer/video/?Filter=232063

Comment

Many thanks, Ofca.

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post

It's basically a reprise of the "Waiting for God" character with some cracking writing. Try and see the eps from the start of last week beginning with this on Monday: her arrival is around 9' 30"
                      http://www.itv.com/itvplayer/video/?Filter=232063

Caliban! How could you?

You did NOT mention that the start of this epi was an ad for Waitrose (on Corrie?? ) by Roger McGough who describes himself (I hope!) and 'fresh, fruity and exclusive to Waitrose!!

I've got tea & buttered toast on me screen now

Comment

Caliban! How could you?

You did NOT mention that the start of this epi was an ad for Waitrose (on Corrie?? ) by Roger McGough who describes himself (I hope!) and 'fresh, fruity and exclusive to Waitrose!!

I've got tea & buttered toast on me screen now

The adverts are a pain, I mute and ignore.... Didn't even notice the Waitrose ad. Seems most unlikely

Comment

Well, I've just watched my first ever episode of Corrie! Actually, hate to admit this, but I enjoyed it. I liked Roy and the very camp Sean and Stephanie Cole was very good Perhaps I too might become a regular viewer?

Comment

Isn't Anton up yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
                              no just me being a plonker... Q is right of course I'm a bit dozy this morning, I think I shall retire for a few more zzzzzzzzzz with my recording of the latter parts of CD Review on the bedside...

Saw half the Corrie omnibus yesterday - you were so right, that Stephanie Cole line was SOO good, in response to "you must be shattered": "why? I was sitting in the bus, I didn't push it" Loved her response to Sean mincing about too: "who is this person?"....

More anon...
                              "Who is this person?"

"This is Shaun - he works with me in the factory"

"It must be very wearing"

Saucer of milk for my friend

Comment

"Who is this person?"

"This is Shaun - he works with me in the factory"

"It must be very wearing"

Saucer of milk for my friend
                                It was perfect. Also her response when chubby Tyrone orders "Meat and potato pie and chips please":

"Yes you don't look a salad type. Sit."

My maternal grandparents were from Yorkshire, many childhood holidays were spent up there, and white-haired battleaxes like that, no strangers to the trenchant put-down, were to be found among my granny's friends (I remember Mrs Steel and Mrs Metric ) - so it's a bit of a nostalgia-fest for me.

Anna, it's quite a good week to start - assuming you watched the one from Monday 18th... new plot with Stephanie Coles's character and her son, the enigmatic oddball with a heart of gold Roy (proprietor with his transexual wife Hayley of Roy's Rolls )... and the delicate matter of the sleazy undergarment merchant who attempted to rape the fragrant Maria... The wrangling between Kevin and Ofca's favourite Sally ("I'd rather be driven by Stevie Wonder" )... All sorts of fun.

Comment

Working...
                                X