X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...and not forgettin' yer Solitaire, Angle

Comment

That, I overlooked. Thanks, rubbernecker.

Where is Anna when you need her ?

Comment

Originally posted by Angle View Post
        Where is Anna when you need her ?
        Have Patience, Angle

Comment

You are showing considerable restraint today. An example for me to follow.

Comment

Originally posted by rubbernecker View Post
            ...and not forgettin' yer Solitaire, Angle
            Indeed, 'in a solitary way' of course referred to the card game Patience. Phew, I thought everyone had deserted the message board (can Caliban still be asleep?) Well done Angle for getting the Gawain, I thought that may have been a bit obscure. Do I recall you set a Q last time as well?

Been listening to The Portrait of Florian Thrust on R7 (Round the Horne) and just ordered, secondhand via Abe Books, the Kenneth Williams Diaries. Anyone read them?

Comment

Yes, Anna I did the last Q and would appreciate general agreement on moving on to R, this once.

You enjoyed Thrust's outburst with his "framed testimonials", I trust.

Yes, I have read the Williams Diaries - in France a few years ago while on holiday. It would be good to know what you think when you have read all entries.

Now, I shall prepare a very easy R, provided no-one objects to the omission of a Q.

Comment

Yes, Anna I did the last Q and would appreciate general agreement on moving on to R, this once.

You enjoyed Thrust's outburst with his "framed testimonials", I trust.
                Yes, I have read the Williams Diaries - in France a few years ago while on holiday. It would be good to know what you think when you have read all entries.
                Now, I shall prepare a very easy R, provided no-one objects to the omission of a Q.
                Angle, I think it's generally accepted that Q's can be skipped, as can Z and X

Framed testimonials - yes, that made me laugh as did the bona wrestlers sketch. In fact, it was a very good episode. I hadn't realised that you were also a fan. I find, comparing Abe and Amazon, often the same sellers list a book on both sites but their prices on Abe are more competitive.

Patience is the only G&S that I own, it's riotously funny and incredibly camp.

Comment

Which now almost-forgotten R

might get on one’s nerves?
                  competed with Malcuzynski during a performance of PIT’s First Piano Concerto?
                  worked in the St Andrew’s Halls during the 1950s?

Comment

BY the way, Anna, have you heard any productions of the show which preceded Round the Horne. It was Beyond Our Ken. One programme featured The Story of Hans Liszt or Bye Bye Verdi. So fulls of puns it was hilarious and agonising to listen to.

Hans had a niece who fell over a cliff which climbing. Her name was Ann D'Bumpsadesy. I leave you to work all that out.

Comment

BY the way, Anna, have you heard any productions of the show which preceded Round the Horne. It was Beyond Our Ken. One programme featured The Story of Hans Liszt or Bye Bye Verdi. So fulls of puns it was hilarious and agonising to listen to.

Hans had a niece who fell over a cliff which climbing. Her name was Ann D'Bumpsadesy. I leave you to work all that out.
                      Yes, I think Beyond our Ken was also on Radio 7?

Don't get excited Angle, I do not have a solution to what looks like an interesting puzzle but here we are heading for what seems another massive thunderstorm so, as I am deficient in protecting against surges I think I must turn the computer off.

Also, my stereo has definitely died so am trying to sort out something involving a ghetto blaster which is not satisfactory and involves trying to get me cordless hooked up to it. And plus, electrics and transformers (or whatever those square black things are called) and generally, being a totally helpless female! No, I joke, I am not helpless. I actually own a power screwdriver!

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                        Indeed, 'in a solitary way' of course referred to the card game Patience. Phew, I thought everyone had deserted the message board (can Caliban still be asleep?) Well done Angle for getting the Gawain, I thought that may have been a bit obscure. Do I recall you set a Q last time as well?

Been listening to The Portrait of Florian Thrust on R7 (Round the Horne) and just ordered, secondhand via Abe Books, the Kenneth Williams Diaries. Anyone read them?
                        Indeed I have.

Highly recommended ... as an antidote to any ideas that you might have that KW was a happy cheery little bunny -a-hopping & a-skipping through life

I read them in the middle of some grey Winter long ago & I swear that I became clinically depressed as a result :saddface:

Enjoy!

Comment

Comment

Time for Spiral so I shall not be back until after 11 - just to see if anything has happened here.

Comment

Here is a re-jig of R

Which now almost-forgotten R

might get on one’s nerves?
                              assisted a celebrated Otto from 1928 to 1931
                              worked in the St Andrew’s Halls during the 1950s?

I replaced the second element because it would have been impossible to verify the solution

Comment

Here I am, out of bed in the middle of the night, and no-one has solved it. Has anyone been here, even? The day must be fairer than it is here in the NW for everyone to be out being horticultural or even cultural.

I shall return in about half an hour to see if there has been any activity.

Whatever, is happening, do it well.

Comment

Working...
                                X