X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If mercia doesn't appear, I'll do a K but I need to think of one first! Is that ok?

Comment

No sign of merce, so this is rather hastily cobbled together and really easy:

Who is this K. Son of a music critic, this romantic composer, whose ballet was performed in front of an Emperor was not Adverse to Deceiving a Nymph, or a Virgin and an Earl in Sherwood Forest

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
        No sign of merce, so this is rather hastily cobbled together and really easy:

Who is this K. Son of a music critic, this romantic composer, whose ballet was performed in front of an Emperor was not Adverse to Deceiving a Nymph, or a Virgin and an Earl in Sherwood Forest
        Is it Kevin?

Comment

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
          Perfection, Anna.

... and your answer's correct, too!
          Easy, Tiger....!
          "...the isle is full of noises,
          Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
          Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
          Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
            Is it Kevin?
            Do we have to talk about Kevin? Not, it's not Kevin, but there is a teensy-weensy obliqueness about your answer which references.

Edit: I am offline until 8pm, I will return in the hope of some gentleman callers who have Offered A Solution.
            Last edited by Guest; 05-01-12, 18:52.

Comment

Erich Korngold's ballet 'Der Schneemann' was performed before the emperor Franz Josef. EK also wrote music for a Robin Hood movie, I think. He certainly wrote the score for the film 'Anthony Adverse'. And his father was a music critic in Brunn (sorry, can't do the umlaut).

Comment

Originally posted by Norfolk Born View Post
                Erich Korngold's ballet 'Der Schneemann' was performed before the emperor Franz Josef. EK also wrote music for a Robin Hood movie, I think. He certainly wrote the score for the film 'Anthony Adverse'. And his father was a music critic in Brunn (sorry, can't do the umlaut).
                Well done Norfy, it is indeed Erich Korngold! Do you care to fill in the Deceiving, the Nymph, the Virgin & The Earl? Just to set the record straight?

Comment

Well - there was a Constant Nymph and a Virgin Queen, and there was a cello concerto in 'Deception'. And the Earl may well be an Essex lad.

Comment

Originally posted by Norfolk Born View Post
                    Well - there was a Constant Nymph and a Virgin Queen.
                    Yes, it was The Private Lives of Elizabeth & Essex and the other film was Deception. So, at your Leisure, an L, but I no rush. I confess I am not too familiar with his music other than for the films.

Comment

Yes, it was The Private Lives of Elizabeth & Essex and the other film was Deception. So, at your Leisure, an L, but I no rush. I confess I am not too familiar with his music other than for the films.
                      Ahhhh Anna, it's official - I think we woz separated by hoperation of Chancery when we woz siblin' Wards at the horphanage, I set a Korngold film score K many moons ago, perhaps shortly after the dawn of AA...

Only sorry that meetings this pm and then the trip home prevented me engaging in this one.

What on earth was the tangential relevance of "Kevin".... Oh! Silly me! It was Kevin, Earl of Essex wot Elizabeth I fell for, innit!?

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
                        Ahhhh Anna, it's official - I think we woz separated by hoperation of Chancery when we woz siblin' Wards at the horphanage, I set a Korngold film score K many moons ago, perhaps shortly after the dawn of AA...

Only sorry that meetings this pm and then the trip home prevented me engaging in this one.

What on earth was the tangential relevance of "Kevin".... Oh! Silly me! It was Kevin, Earl of Essex wot Elizabeth I fell for, innit!?

I'm sorry if I repeated Korngold, I don't have a list of what we've done ....... I beg Your Honour's Indulgence. I think Ammy was thinking of Kevin Coster who also was in a remake of Robin Hood. Well, it's all Men in Tights!

As ferney recommended a John Jenkins cd recommendation and I mentioned in my summary William Lawes, his friend who incidentally was killed in 1645 at the Siege of Chester aged 43, could I recommend his Consort Sets in 5 & 6 Parts, Jordi Savall and Hesperion XX1
                        Last edited by Guest; 05-01-12, 22:10.

Comment

I'm sorry if I repeated Korngold, I don't have a list of what we've done ....... I beg Your Honour's Indulgence. I think Ammy was thinking of Kevin Coster who also was in a remake of Robin Hood. Well, it's all Men in Tights!

As ferney recommended a John Jenkins and I mentioned in my summary William Lawes, his friend who incidentally was killed in 1645 at the Siege of Chester aged 43, could I recommend his Consort Sets in 5 & 6 Parts, Jordi Savall and Hesperion XX1

noted!

I think we are past caring about repeats, if we ever did! I never did, I think it's fun if someone gets to the same answer as a previous round, by another route.

Oh Costner? Don't like his acting

Comment

I thought Kevin was a reference to the recently filmed novel by Lionel Shriver ('We Need To Talk About Kevin')
                            Anyway - what 'L' connects armoured vehicles, 'The Queen' and a single by The Hollies?
                            Last edited by Guest; 05-01-12, 22:46. Reason: Wrong 'Kevin' author! 'L' question unaffecetd.

Comment

Lucille?

Comment

No. Somebody (a real person) associated with 'The Queen', and somebody else (who forms part of a song title) feature in 'L'. Only the link begins with 'L'.

Comment

Working...
                                X