Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another very niche thing - Spitfire Audio have extended their current sale to April 1st. Two libraries interest me:

The BBC SO Core library - which is still moderately expensive for those of us who aren't in the business of trying to make money out of music - but I think it is better than the free Discover package. One issue is whether is will run into CPU problems, as it is likely to be more space and processor demanding than the Discover library. At least it's now under £250 for a short while - £239.

The other is the BBC SO Piano Core - which is based on a Steinway piano - presumably similar to one used in large concerts. I'm not sure that I want such a heavy sounding piano, but it does seem good, and is currently on offer for £47.

This is niche - but some people may still be interested.

BTW - I did eventually, after a great deal of hassle, get the Miroslav Philharmonik 2 package from IK Multimedia to work. Was it worth it? Maybe - but that was the worst thing I've ever tried to install and get working. Now that it does work it's got some nice features, and IIRC has a bass clarinet.

OTOH the Steinberg package I also bought a while back is a pain, as it keeps trying to "phone home", and requests new passwords etc. When it works it's potentially useful, but the software is awkward to say the least. Lastly some of the Orchestral Tools packs which work with SINE Player are good, but some of them crash out if used in other software. The Free [yes really free] Crucible organ which runs in SINE is good , and probably easier to set up and use than the Leeds Town Hall organ, which has been free and freely available in the past.

Comment

Working...
    X