No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yesterday, at around 16:10 -

Comment

Getting the pink tints reflected in the windows and on the road surface was a special bonus there, Joseph K!

Comment

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
        Getting the pink tints reflected in the windows and on the road surface was a special bonus there, Joseph K!
        Indeed!

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph K View Post
          Yesterday, at around 16:10 -

Lovely !!

Looks quite a lot like Radcliffe Road in Southampton, which I walk along when attending the soccer ⚽️
          I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

Glad you like it, teamsaint.

I have not long got back from a stay in Yoxall, East Staffordshire. As my train was getting into Redditch I saw some amazing pink and blue clouds, though I didn't take a picture (not sure my phone's camera would've caught them properly). But I have uploaded some ones from a walk earlier today:

Comment

Nice pics, I went on a country walk earlier today with a wellness group.
              Annoyingly listening to and commenting on radio 3...

Comment

I have not long got back from a stay in Yoxall, East Staffordshire. As my train was getting into Redditch I saw some amazing pink and blue clouds, though I didn't take a picture (not sure my phone's camera would've caught them properly). But I have uploaded some ones from a walk earlier today:

Red and pink clouds are often a feature at or around sunset. They vary in colour and intensity over maybe 20 or so minutes. They can also sometimes be seen in the morning around sunrise - though I'm usually not up or awake at that time. Now you've noticed the effect, then I suggest studying it on other days, and see how the colours vary with time.

So it helps to know when sunset is going to be, and watch out for this phenomenon. It is possible to catch it in photos, though as you note it may not be so striking as in reality - though occasionally it is stunning, and even works in photos.

I do like this tree.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
                  Red and pink clouds are often a feature at or around sunset. They vary in colour and intensity over maybe 20 or so minutes. They can also sometimes be seen in the morning around sunrise - though I'm usually not up or awake at that time. Now you've noticed the effect, then I suggest studying it on other days, and see how the colours vary with time.

So it helps to know when sunset is going to be, and watch out for this phenomenon. It is possible to catch it in photos, though as you note it may not be so striking as in reality - though occasionally it is stunning, and even works in photos.

I do like this tree.
                  Yep, lovely image that, one of the pleasures of winter is seeing those skeletal outlines.
                  Terrific pics as usual JK, thanks for posting. A nice representation of this winter.
                  I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

1, 3, 4 and 5 show great textbook cloud examples, with lumpy broken altocumulus, probably at around 8,000 feet, sitting on top of a layer of stratocumulus "roller cloud" at around 4,000 feet.

Comment

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
                      1, 3, 4 and 5 show great textbook cloud examples, with lumpy broken altocumulus, probably at around 8,000 feet, sitting on top of a layer of stratocumulus "roller cloud" at around 4,000 feet.

Comment

Working...
                      X