• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My thoughts exactly.

Comment

Nice pics, ardcarp.

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
      People sometimes ask me, why do I take the same routes time and time again? Isn't that boring? Because no place is the same the next time, I tell them.

Nice example in No 7 of cumulus growing into stratoscumulus, which then spreads out to infill the gaps between the original cumulus, marking an inversion "cap" which is preventing any further upward convection, by the way.
      I guess there must be quite a large number of possible combinations of clouds; I envy your ability to analyse them!

Comment

A few more. Perhaps not impressive or interesting in hindsight, but at the time I felt like capturing something of this (though the camera is not as good as my eyes)...

Comment

Some may be interested in this somewhat apologetic long-range weather forecast.

Our long range forecast (which is updated on a daily basis) provides an indication of how the weather might change, or be different from normal across the whole UK.

Comment

Originally posted by ardcarp View Post
            Some may be interested in this somewhat apologetic long-range weather forecast.

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather...range-forecast
            The word "likely" is stated 7 times in that; 8 if you include "likelihood". Reliable? Not bloody likely!

Comment

Bit cloudy but otherwise today's weather has been very nice. Everyone is probably familiar with the scenery where I take walks, but I decided to take and upload some pics nonetheless...

Comment

Lovely pix from a beautiful neck of the woods, Joseph K.

Comment

very nice pictures. Thanks JK.
                  I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
                    Lovely pix from a beautiful neck of the woods, Joseph K.

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                    very nice pictures. Thanks JK.

Comment

One of the things I like about summer is the effect produced when the sun comes out just before it sets, though this picture doesn't really do justice...

Comment

Working...
                      X