Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunsets

Here's a pic I took from the front door of the place on Bora Bora ('twas on that beach that my 'epiphanic moment' with Vaughan Williams's 'Sea Symphony' took place, as related e.g. on the thread about Prom 1)

Last edited by Nick Armstrong; 12-09-13, 08:48.
    "...the isle is full of noises,
    Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
    Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
    Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
    ...Here's a pic I took from the front door of the place on Bora Bora ('twas on that beach that my 'epiphanic moment' with Vaughan Williams's 'Sea Symphony' took place, as related e.g. on the thread about Prom 1)...
    And here from across the Pacific is our local beach:

And some boats at Boracay (just along the coast);

Comment

Sunsets

A cliché'd staple of the amateur photographer? No doubt. But the above couple of entries from the 'Stormy Weather' made me think this might elicit some pleasurable vistas....

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
        A cliché'd staple of the amateur photographer? No doubt. But the above couple of entries from the 'Stormy Weather' made me think this might elicit some pleasurable vistas....
        Cliche? Yes, but I took them myself - and you took yours. I think that's great.

Comment

Originally posted by Pabmusic View Post
          absolutely.

Some lovely stuff there. Beautiful.
          I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

This is a sunset taken from my bedroom window, Latitude ±52º North!

Comment

Originally posted by Pabmusic View Post

Comment

Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
                This is a sunset taken from my bedroom window, Latitude ±52º North!
                ;;;
                Wonderful! (Mine were 11.5 degrees North. Caliban's was 16.5 degrees South.)

Comment

Cali, I am not surprised you had that rather I would say, 'spiritual' moment, with RVW.
                  Don’t cry for me
                  I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

There is something about a sunset, though, isn't there - we may have seen hundreds of them, but when the last light is framed by the first darkness it just sparks feelings that are new (not "clichéd") each time. Good images (paintings, photos) remind us of what we've experienced - and there are some real corkers on this Thread already: more, please (and thanks, Cali).
                    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
                      There is something about a sunset, though, isn't there - we may have seen hundreds of them, but when the last light is framed by the first darkness it just sparks feelings that are new (not "clichéd") each time. Good images (paintings, photos) remind us of what we've experienced - and there are some real corkers on this Thread already: more, please (and thanks, Cali).
                      Second the motion

Comment

Some of the most terrible photographs and anecdotes I've ever seen, obviously posted by complete maniacs....

....sorry no P&CA outlet at mo'....pressure building up....
                        bong ching

Comment

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
                          Some of the most terrible photographs and anecdotes I've ever seen, obviously posted by complete maniacs....

....sorry no P&CA outlet at mo'....pressure building up....
                          Ha!

Comment

"It was the hour of sunset, and as we stood there, an unimaginable glory of flame developed in the west so that all the wooded heights seemed on fire".

From Arnold Bax's autobiog., "Farewell, my Youth".

Comment

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
                              True indeed, ferns (and you're welcome)

And of course there's the whole Straussian, "Im Abendrot" thing going on too...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I nearly headed this thread "Im Abendrot" but decided it was a bit precious

Comment

Working...
                              X