X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

- many thanks, ts!
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Practising my new-found photo-on-the-Forum skills, here's one I took in the BVI two years ago. No tricks...it really was that colour.

Comment

Stonehenge today, about 3.30 PM.

I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
          Stonehenge today, about 3.30 PM.

Wow, teams, that is fantastic. Gone all druidical for the festive season? Pick-your-own mistletoe etc?
          "...the isle is full of noises,
          Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
          Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
          Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post

Wow, teams, that is fantastic. Gone all druidical for the festive season? Pick-your-own mistletoe etc?
            Damn, should have taken a selfie. The cloak looks rather good on me I think.
            Keeping the hems clean with all the mud at the moment is a nightmare though. And I’m not really sure what the other guys think about the red stripes Mrs TS added for me ....
            I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

Sunrise in S Wilts this morning.

The pink effect probably needed a huge wide angle lens and a much better vantage point to do it full justice.

Comment

Wow! Very nice.

(Even if my mum does say "Red sky in the morning, shepherd's warning".)

Comment

Altocumulus (bubble wrap clouds) always give the most gorgeous sunrises, and sunsets, though, for sheer drama, a large cumulonimbus to the east, illuminated by the setting sun in the clearance following a day of downpours, is not to be beaten.

Comment

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
                    ... a large cumulonimbus to the east, illuminated by the setting sun in the clearance following a day of downpours, is not to be beaten.

... yeah, but I bet you wouldn't say no to some of these -

As for sunsets - these aren't half bad -

High cloud and exceptionally clear air created the perfect conditions for an incredible sunset on Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                      Sunrise in S Wilts this morning.

Stunning, ts ... Obliging bird, posing in silhouette centre stage
                      "...the isle is full of noises,
                      Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                      Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                      Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post

... yeah, but I bet you wouldn't say no to some of these -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noctilucent_cloud
                        Yes indeedy - that WIKI aricle goes some way to offering an explanation for their existence, given that "weather", as most people probably think of it, stops at the Tropopause: hence the way cumulonimbus clouds flatten out and often spread out under the "lid" to form that characteristic anvil shape.

[/QUOTE]As for sunsets - these aren't half bad -

High cloud and exceptionally clear air created the perfect conditions for an incredible sunset on Sunday.

Again, it's altocumulus (and altostratus) cloud which is giving the effect. Those are mid-level clouds, and my guess is that the angle of sunshine has a lot to do with it, combined with the lumpy undersides of such clouds, and the way different colours of the spectrum become highlighted in sequence at sunset.

.[/QUOTE]

Comment

I'm struggling to here to get these pictures up and visible in this space. Anyway, links will have to do for now but I took a couple of views of London at the weekend and contrasted them with their equivalents seven years ago.

All if it is a mess really. Planning permission is too often submitted to the relevant authorities with the line ... 'a design of unique architectural value ... a prestigious addition to the London skyline', except that in no time it all, said icon has disappeared behind a new monster.

Square Mile as seen from The Point, Blackheath (SE3):

Isle of Dogs as from The Point, Blackheath (SE3):

Last edited by StephenMcK; 21-01-20, 19:59.

Comment

Thanks Stephen - terrific: London is so photogenic, and you really get an idea of scale in that shot of Canary Wharf and its architecture contrasted with the Victoran terraces in the foreground.

Comment

SA, thanks. I hadn't completed my post properly which has been done now ... out of hand city landscape compared with 2013.

Comment

We were treated to a wonderful late summer golden sunset tonight in S Wilts.

Comment

Working...
                                X