• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same shit, different day

Comment

That's good shit.
      [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

I was driving last Perth on the A9 last night and witnessed the most beautiful sunset I have seen for many years.
        I wish I had stopped to photograph it.
        Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Flay View Post
          I was driving last Perth on the A9 last night and witnessed the most beautiful sunset I have seen for many years.
          Not a lot you can say to that!

Comment

Originally posted by Beef Oven! View Post
            Not a lot you can say to that!
            Perhaps I was hoping that someone would say they had seen it too. And perhaps photographed it.

Perhaps that won't happen.
            Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Filey sunset, from the Brigg.

Comment

sunrise today . Since we don't have a sunrise thread.

I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

Originally posted by Flay View Post
                  Did the same driving down Hayle one evening a year or two back - most spectacular sky.
                  Hindsight is magic isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                    sunrise today . Since we don't have a sunrise thread.

"..........red sky in the morning, shepherd's warning"

Comment

"..........red sky in the morning, shepherd's warning"
                      Power and telecommunications tend get in the way of a good photo.

Comment

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                        Power and telecommunications tend get in the way of a good photo.
                        All part of the modern landscape. Nothing stays the same forever.

Comment

All part of the modern landscape. Nothing stays the same forever.

And the view of The South Wilts sunrise was brought to you by power and telecommunications.
                          I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                            And the view of The South Wilts sunrise was brought to you by power and telecommunications.

Comment

In spite of the "Red sky in morn" reference, there won't be much in the way of rain anywhere today - demonstrating the one about the exception proving the rule, which I've never been able to make sense of. The exception proving the rule??

Lovely photo though, teamsaint.

Comment

"Proving" in the older sense of "testing the validity of", S_A (rather than "showing it to be true"). The same origin of "proof-reading" and "the proof of the pudding".

I might be wrong, but isn't the "red sky at night" proverb referring to the actual sky, rather than the clouds in it? (The atmospheric conditions causing a red hue to the sky at particular times of the day being a sign of bad/good weather?) Clouds generally pick up the red of the spectrum at the sun's angles at dawn and dusk, so shepherds would be permanently confused if they relied on cloud colour.)

Either road up (or neither), I prefer Eric Morecambe's version:

"Red sky at night? Shepherd's cottage on fire."
                                [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Working...
                                X