What Was Your Most Recent Bottle of Wine?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sitting on the beach and drinking a very nice bottle of Cusumana Benuara. A lovely Sicilian red wine.
    £9 from the supermarket.
    The beach? Sitting on Montalbano's Terrace overlooking the beach at Punta Secca, Santa Croce Camerina, Sicily.
    lovely.

Comment

Originally posted by slarty View Post
      Sitting on the beach and drinking a very nice bottle of Cusumana Benuara. A lovely Sicilian red wine.
      £9 from the supermarket.
      The beach? Sitting on Montalbano's Terrace overlooking the beach at Punta Secca, Santa Croce Camerina, Sicily.
      lovely.

<seriouslyenviousemoticon>
      [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by Keraulophone View Post
        Couldn't find any published notes on the 2nd or 3rd wines, nor have come across any wines from this property in the UK. Good luck in your search, Cali!
        I thought that I had seen the name "Escurac" somewhere:

Wine is all about people. We are a company run by wine people. We offer free UK delivery on orders over £50 and 10% off orders of 12+ bottles. We have a huge range of wines, Champagnes, sparkling wines, beers and spirits from across the world.

Alas, it's the second wine - and a bit dearer - but maybe with the festive season approaching?

Comment

Originally posted by HighlandDougie View Post
          I thought that I had seen the name "Escurac" somewhere:

Wine is all about people. We are a company run by wine people. We offer free UK delivery on orders over £50 and 10% off orders of 12+ bottles. We have a huge range of wines, Champagnes, sparkling wines, beers and spirits from across the world.

Alas, it's the second wine - and a bit dearer - but maybe with the festive season approaching?
          Thanks for this HD. Might make a good comparison with my "Pépin" ... Worth knowing about that dealer, generally.
          "...the isle is full of noises,
          Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
          Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
          Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Why do red wine drinkers automatically assume everyone else prefers red wine? I've been given two bottles of red: Morgan, Cote du Py, Domaine de la Chaponne, Laurent Guillet 2011 and Julienas, Domaine du Clos du Fief, Michel Tete 2011. However, one will be opened to go with lamb, can I assume they are much of a muchness so it doesn't matter which?

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
              Why do red wine drinkers automatically assume everyone else prefers red wine?
              Because it is polite to assume that your friends have similar good taste to your own?

Up the reds!

Comment

Why do red wine drinkers automatically assume everyone else prefers red wine? I've been given two bottles of red: Morgan, Cote du Py, Domaine de la Chaponne, Laurent Guillet 2011 and Julienas, Domaine du Clos du Fief, Michel Tete 2011. However, one will be opened to go with lamb, can I assume they are much of a muchness so it doesn't matter which?
                They're both Beaujolais, so in that sense, no, it doesn't matter (I usually choose Bordeaux with lamb - but that just because I read that somewhere). I think the Morgon is more 'spensive …

My last: Coop Chianti - with vegetable lasagne which needs more practice.
                It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Forgot your point about red wine: they're quite nice wines you've been given, but if you prefer white, just go out and get a bottle of white. Plonk even. As long as you enjoy it.
                  It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Tanners Douro selection is very drinkable ditto their Special Claret.

Comment

Originally posted by french frank View Post
                      Forgot your point about red wine: they're quite nice wines you've been given, but if you prefer white, just go out and get a bottle of white. Plonk even. As long as you enjoy it.
                      Oh Dear! I must have sounded very ungrateful - I'm certainly not it's just that one red and one white as a present would have been more .... balanced!!

Comment

Oh Dear! I must have sounded very ungrateful - I'm certainly not it's just that one red and one white as a present would have been more .... balanced!!
                        Nice to see you back here. You can always use red for marinades - though I suppose whites can also serve the same purpose. Currently we have some venison marinading, though we've got gallons of white which we hardly ever drink. Recipe suggestions including white wine could be welcome over the next few months. Some of the white wine is quite likely to be too old to be good for drinking now, but should be good enough for cooking.

Comment

... happy crimbletide! Either a morgon or julienas wd go very well with lamb - and the ones you've got shd be very nice indeed. Julienas is a very food-friendly wine; morgon is perhaps a bit more elegant. Enjoy!

Comment

The cellartracker folk seem to like the Julienas

so enjoy!!

Comment

Originally posted by clive heath View Post
                              The cellartracker folk seem to like the Julienas
                              Which has been opened and a small sample snifter taken! So I think it'll go nicely with the lamb. At the moment a glass of sparkly wine - because you cannot have Christmas without fizz - it's an inexpensive one, Charles de Fère Brut Premium which is ok, but a bit lacking in the bubbles that get up your nose department I think. Any suggestions for low-priced sparkling for New Year gladly received!

Comment

. Any suggestions for low-priced sparkling for New Year
                                Anna, no suggestions of any kind. I have had breakfast of scrambled eggs, smoked salmon and Bucks Fizz. Don't ask me what champagne, but it was lively.

edit
                                and lovely too.

Comment

Working...
                                X