X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
    It is in Nando's

I'm told
    I ate in Nando's one lunchtime when I was working at London Bridge. That is all I need to say.

Comment

A Hairy Bikers dish.

Easy and fun.

The Hairy Bikers' tasty one pot chicken paprika stew is rich and creamy. It’s delicious served with mash or rice. Use hot paprika if you want a kick.
      I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
        Crying out for something green to be served with it I imagine !

Comment

Originally posted by Barbirollians View Post
          Crying out for something green to be served with it I imagine !
          it is VERY red, so yes

Recommended though.
          I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

My lunch. Ribollita using the rest of the cavolo nero. And substituting fennel for celery because it looked nicer in the shop this morning.

It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Originally posted by french frank View Post
              My lunch. Ribollita using the rest of the cavolo nero. And substituting fennel for celery because it looked nicer in the shop this morning.

It loved to happen. -- Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Looks perfect, esp for a dank November day (And I thoroughly approve of the celery-fennel switch )
                "...the isle is full of noises,
                Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

I've got belly pork with puy lentils on the go - and smelling good (and, apologies to the celery hater here, I have included some of that vegetable!)
                  Frenchie's soup looks good though, wouldn't mind that recipe. And, also on the subject of cavalero nero, Ottolenghi has a recipe in the Guardian using it (or kale) and mushrooms in a lasagne.

Comment

Have to say, it's never looked better . And the really dark greens come into their own in a dish with tomatoes - just added for 10 mins at the end. How can soggy bread taste so good?

Tbh, I could have added the whole fennel rather than half - the taste didn't come through as well as it might.
                    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

... well. Mme V (not a great meat fan) being away today, have treated self to duck breast, boiled exquisa potatoes, and some nice extras. Half bott amiral de beychevelle 2006 helped...

Comment

MrsBBM is cooking sausage casserole a la MrsBBM! Have my son and gf today.
                        Don’t cry for me
                        I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
                          MrsBBM is cooking sausage casserole a la MrsBBM! Have my son and gf today.

details and playlist please, BBM !!

(some feisty folk music courtesy of Bellowhead with our Chicken Paprikash)

Comment

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post
                            ... well. Mme V (not a great meat fan) being away today, have treated self to duck breast, boiled exquisa potatoes, and some nice extras. Half bott amiral de beychevelle 2006 helped...

Is this an instance of Jungian synchronicity I see before me?

Mme. Thropplenoggin being away, I had '8-hour duck confit with star anise and 5 spices' served with braised red cabbage and roast 'taters at what I now consider to be my local: The Boot in St. Albans. Any pub which has 8 real ales on tap merits one's attention.

It was superb: crispy skin, the meat unctuous and falling off the bone. A fine, fine feed.
                            It loved to happen. -- Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Originally posted by Thropplenoggin View Post

Is this an instance of Jungian synchronicity I see before me?

Mme. Thropplenoggin being away, I had '8-hour duck confit with star anise and 5 spices' served with braised red cabbage and roast 'taters at what I now consider to be my local: The Boot in St. Albans. Any pub which has 8 real ales on tap merits one's attention.

It was superb: crispy skin, the meat unctuous and falling off the bone. A fine, fine feed.
                              Yum.
                              And no washing up !!

Leaves more time for sending PMs to full in boxes.

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                                Frenchie's soup looks good though, wouldn't mind that recipe.
                                Here goes, then - but it's basically River Cottage. No amounts or times because I just do what I think.

Most authentic with Italian beans like cannellini, but as I usually only have flageolets or haricot, I used them, soaked and cooked for half the usual time (because they will be cooked further in the soup and I prefer them al dente). Add a stock cube and use the liquor for the soup stock later.

Then, soften onions and garlic in a pan, add carrot, leek and celery/fennel stirring for up to 15 mins. Then add tinned plum tomatoes (I use chopped ones). Then add the cooked beans, their stock, plus more water if you don't have any veggie stock. Thyme, bay, rosemary, pref. in a bouquet garni bag. Simmer for a bit. Add greens for last 10 mins. Then add pepper and salt. Ladle out into bowl with a piece of garlic-rubbed bread, lightly toasted, in the bottom. Swirl a drop of olive oil on top. Buon appetito! (I think that was everything).

Finally, though - 'ribollita' means 'reboiled' so you must make enough for several meals. Add any extra bits as called for.

Comment

Working...
                                X