No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are you cooking now?

Well, it works for music.

Tonight at TS Towers. Mushroom and Avocado Stroganoff.

Accompaniment.
    Bartok Piano Concertos 1/2/3.

Yum.

any other Friday night specials out there?
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
    Accompaniment.
    Yum.
    I love mushroom stroganoff (or, even better, beef stroganoff) but surely that is a complete waste of an avocado, it must just turn to mush and the delicate taste be lost?
    Edit: Sorry, cooking tonight, nothng special: chestnut mushroom, courgette and tomato with fresh tagliatelle and parmesan shavings.

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
      I love mushroom stroganoff (or, even better, beef stroganoff) but surely that is a complete waste of an avocado, it must just turn to mush and the delicate taste be lost?
      nah.

You add the avocado late, just enough to warm through really. TBF, the taste probably is a bit lost, but the texture can be maintained, and makes a nice contrast to the mushrooms.
      Chicken and avocado works well too.
      Avocados are very annoying. Too hard, too soft. Hard to judge. Pricey at the moment too.
      I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

I am cooking an enormous pan of soup for the Allotments Open Day on Sunday.

Ideally I would have received donations of myriad interesting vegetables and herbs from plotholders, but all I have got is two marrows.

Any suggestions as to how to make them slightly interesting gratefully received.

Comment

Accompaniment.

Yum.

Top music teams - what version(s) are you using?

Comment

Originally posted by jean View Post

Ideally I would have received donations of myriad interesting vegetables and herbs from plotholders, but all I have got is two marrows.

Any suggestions as to how to make them slightly interesting gratefully received.

Sculpture?

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
              Top music teams - what version(s) are you using?
              Jando/Budapests/Ligeti.

Naxos was invented for folks like me !!!

Comment

Presume you have the staples of potatoes, carrots, onions, celery as a base? If not then it has to be pulses, red lentils for speed - with roasted garlic mashed into it, crispy friend onions on top with coutons and cheese or just spice it all up and add beans (tinned butter bean, black eyed?). I'm sure you've got a good spice cupboard.
                Shame on those allotment holders for not donating.
                (Oops just seen - it's for Sunday! plenty of time for them to come forward. I thought you had to serve it tonight hence my red lentils!)

Comment

Accompaniment.

Yum.

A splendid entrecĂ´te steak, with chipped potatoes (surprised that Turkish spuds are 100 times better than ours) rocket salad and ezme, knocked back with freshly pressed apple-juice.

Ice-cream for pudding.

Accompanied by some tinkly dinner jazz, the most I'll get away with as Mrs Oven and I do not see ear-to-ear musically.

She's going out later, so the world's my lobster (musically speaking).

Comment

Originally posted by Beef Oven! View Post
                    She's going out later, so the world's my lobster (musically speaking).
                    Co-Produced beat taken from Lobster Music Vol.3 coming soon! please like, comment and share! and download Vol.1 and 2 here: http://wizardbeats.bandcamp.com/a...

(and you expected the B52's )

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                      Presume you have the staples of potatoes, carrots, onions, celery as a base? If not then it has to be pulses, red lentils for speed - with roasted garlic mashed into it, crispy friend onions on top with coutons and cheese or just spice it all up and add beans (tinned butter bean, black eyed?). I'm sure you've got a good spice cupboard.
                      Shame on those allotment holders for not donating.
                      (Oops just seen - it's for Sunday! plenty of time for them to come forward. I thought you had to serve it tonight hence my red lentils!)
                      I've got carrots and onion, and I've been promised celery.

I've made marrow and roasted garlic soup before and it was lovely, but I am wondering if it's worth the trouble of roasting the garlic for this?

I usually throw in some cabbage or kale leaves at the end (I grow those myself!)

I might add some cream...crispy onions sound lovely but are a refinement they're not going to get.

Comment

Originally posted by MrGongGong View Post
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFh97TRf2Mk

(and you expected the B52's )
                        That's great music MrGG

How do you know about all this stuff!!??

And yes, when I saw the link, I expected the B52s! Lol!

Btw, hope you haven't started something, teamsaint's a bit partial to the B52s

Comment

Today I discovered ace Pork Pies and Beef and Tatty....Whitesides of Colne Lancs....
                          bong ching

Comment

I've made marrow and roasted garlic soup before and it was lovely, but I am wondering if it's worth the trouble of roasting the garlic for this?

I usually throw in some cabbage or kale leaves at the end (I grow those myself!)

I might add some cream...crispy onions sound lovely but are a refinement they're not going to get.
                            It all sounds wonderful.

I like to add some ginger to squash-type soups but not too much _ I have a friend who tends to overdo the ginger and she once reduced a table of soup-eaters to near speechlessness

As they say in Which?, not recommended.

Comment

Depends on how much you want to impress the allotment holders re the roasted garlic? Are you standing for office? I'm always wary re serving kale to strangers (I love it but others think it's too strong and rather tough so I tend towards spinach or watercress for the green element), does it have to be vegetarian? Some pancetta or streaky bacon .... but I'd definitely go down the spiced pulses route. And, if they don't like it you can point out that none of them came forward to contribute!

Comment

Working...
                              X