X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday night is chippy night

Comment

Humus!!!!!!!!

2 x 400g cans of chickpeas (I used 1 regular chick peas and 1 Kala Chana)
      4 tsp tahini
      4 garlic cloves, crushed (huge ones, I love my humus with a powerful garlic kick!)
      1 tsp crushed sea salt
      6 tbsp quality extra virgin olive oil
      4 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice

Served with wholemeal toast and black Turkish tea, while listening to Mozart's Don Giovanni! :big grin:

Comment

Originally posted by Beef Oven! View Post
        Humus!!!!!!!!

2 x 400g cans of chickpeas (I used 1 regular chick peas and 1 Kala Chana)
        4 tsp tahini
        4 garlic cloves, crushed (huge ones, I love my humus with a powerful garlic kick!)
        1 tsp crushed sea salt
        6 tbsp quality extra virgin olive oil
        4 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice

Served with wholemeal toast and black Turkish tea, while listening to Mozart's Don Giovanni! :big grin:
        Yum.
        which Tahini do you use ?
        I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

Salad - which for my one main meal of the day I effectively live on from the beginning of June to that of October, thereby saving considerably for four months of the year on electricity, bar fish, always on Fridays.

Comment

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
            Salad - which for my one main meal of the day I effectively live on from the beginning of June to that of October, thereby saving considerably for four months of the year on electricity, bar fish, always on Fridays.
            Old halibuts die hard.
            I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
              Old halibuts die hard.
              Codswallop!

Comment

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
                Codswallop!
                There's a thyme and plaice for everything.
                [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
                  There's a thyme and plaice for everything.
                  But it's no good telling that to dover sole!

Comment

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                    Yum.
                    which Tahini do you use ?
                    I had some great stuff from Turkey, but I only had 1 teaspoon left, so I asked my son to bring some from the shop on the way home but it's not very nice - made by Cypressa (a cheap brand that's been quite popular, down the years).

Comment

Originally posted by Beef Oven! View Post
                      I had some great stuff from Turkey, but I only had 1 teaspoon left, so I asked my son to bring some from the shop on the way home but it's not very nice - made by Cypressa (a cheap brand that's been quite popular, down the years).
                      Hmmmm..think that is the brand I used, and the results were ok at best.
                      I had Better go for something better next time.

Comment

"Chicken leftovers" - remains of roast chicken, peppers, onions, garlic, kidney beans, tin tomatoes - we never seem to tire of it and it goes a treat with University Challenge.

Comment

TIN tomatoes? Has Cornwall got a new use for its mines? Can you do molybdenum tomatoes, they would be a really great grate.

Comment

Originally posted by umslopogaas View Post
                            TIN tomatoes? Has Cornwall got a new use for its mines? Can you do molybdenum tomatoes, they would be a really great grate.

Comment

If I edit it, it will spoil your little joke

Just for that, here's a fine performance of Squirrel Heads and Gravy on two banjos, another by a little lad on mountain dulcimer, and some squirrel recipes.

Comment

peanut butter cookies.

To cheer up slightly despondent returning Saints fans.

Paul Rankin's easy peanut butter cookie recipe takes only 15 minutes to make. Whip up a batch of these peanut cookies after school and eat them warm.

easy and delicious.
                                Yum

Comment

Working...
                                X