Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Barbirollians View Post
    No the caramelised onions in pissaladiere arise simply from long cooking not the use of sugar - well in my recipe anyway - perhaps very well cooked onions would be a better description.
    What about the bread base? Do you caramelise your onions first?

The pizza was only baked for about 10-12 minutes.
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Originally posted by french frank View Post
      What about the bread base? Do you caramelise your onions first?

The pizza was only baked for about 10-12 minutes.
      Yes the onions are cooked slowly first and then spread onto the bread base .

Comment

Enjoyed the onion and tapenade thingy, made with little square sandwich breads from the Co-op and red onion and a posh tapenade from a jar and a smear of tomato paste. Delicious, and practically instant food.

Comment

Originally posted by greenilex View Post
          Enjoyed the onion and tapenade thingy, made with little square sandwich breads from the Co-op and red onion and a posh tapenade from a jar and a smear of tomato paste. Delicious, and practically instant food.
          I made my own tapenade because the Coop could only offer Tupperware as their nearest equivalent.

But making your own is so quick (even with a pestle and mortar) that's it's really worth doing without the pizza. About 5 minutes.

@barby
          It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Fresh, chilled Brazilian figs flesh, on hot buttered wholemeal toast.

Comment

Originally posted by Beef Oven! View Post
              Fresh, chilled Brazilian figs flesh, on hot buttered wholemeal toast.
              The "peoples army" marching on it's stomach?

Comment

Originally posted by MrGongGong View Post
                The "peoples army" marching on it's stomach?
                Merely elevenses MsGG. A real man can't march on incontestably foreign muck like figs on toast. I of course had porridge earlier today.

Comment

incontestably foreign muck like figs on toast
                  .... and yet you seemed so proud of it only moments earlier!

MsGG
                  ... something we should know? Should we be calling you MsNoGongs, MrGG ?
                  "...the isle is full of noises,
                  Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                  Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                  Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
                    .... and yet you seemed so proud of it only moments earlier!
                    My guard was down.

... something we should know? Should we be calling you MsNoGongs, MrGG ?
                    Apparently he's saying nowt!

Comment

Comment

Two of the apricot trees I've planted here in the sunny south have finally produced sufficient fruit to make 4 decent sized pots of jam. 1.6kg of fruit, 1kg of jam sugar, some lemon juice, a few kernels from the apricot stones (a wee hint of cyanide to pep the taste up) et voila - slightly runny apricot jam à la Française. Appropriate activity for Bastille day, as was cleaning up the mess on the hob afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by HighlandDougie View Post
                          Appropriate activity for Bastille day, as was cleaning up the mess on the hob afterwards.

... bravo mon petit caporal!

Comment

We had a cooking lesson today in Paris on croissants, followed by eating the results hot out of the oven. There go my new Coronary Arteries...

Comment

baked sweet potato with cannallini beans, spinach and Pesto.

Yum.
                              Hopefully.

Some Bach Inventions to go with.
                              I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

Originally posted by richardfinegold View Post
                                We had a cooking lesson today in Paris on croissants,
                                Isn't that what they have in Aberdeen?

What happens when you sit ON croissants

Comment

Working...
                                X