Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just responding to earlier comments about what is a fit topic to discuss in this place. Well, according to what it says on the tin, so to speak, Platform 3 is ... 'The place to talk about anything'.

It seems to mean the question is only raised because the subject mentions 'the love that dare not speak its name'. In some quarters, still.

Comment

Gareth Thomas (Welsh rugby international for those who do not follow sport) came out when he was 35. He said it was difficult because not only was there the macho image of rugby he had also been married, however he wanted to be able to walk down the street/have a meal/go on holiday with his partner without someone taking a photo on their smartphone and consequent 'outing' on social media etc., so well done Tom for a pre-emptive strike.
      Last edited by Guest; 03-12-13, 13:56. Reason: wrong name!

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
        Gareth Edwards (Welsh rugby international for those who do not follow sport) came out when he was 35. He said it was difficult because not only was there the macho image of rugby he had also been married, however he wanted to be able to walk down the street/have a meal/go on holiday with his partner without someone taking a photo on their smartphone and consequent 'outing' on social media etc., so well done Tom for a pre-emptive strike.
        I don't think so !

You are confusing Gareth Thomas with Gareth Edwards :biggrin:- now if Gareth Edwards came out that would be news !

Comment

Originally posted by Barbirollians View Post
          I don't think so !
          You are confusing Gareth Thomas with Gareth Edwards :biggrin:- now if Gareth Edwards came out that would be news !
          :laugh: Sorry - type in haste, repent at leisure! Have corrected it!

Comment

Steady now, you nearly outed 'im off that 'Blakes 7'!

Comment

Well I'm buggered if I know what people are complaining about...

Comment

Gareth Thomas (Welsh rugby international for those who do not follow sport) came out when he was 35. He said it was difficult because not only was there the macho image of rugby he had also been married, however he wanted to be able to walk down the street/have a meal/go on holiday with his partner without someone taking a photo on their smartphone and consequent 'outing' on social media etc., so well done Tom for a pre-emptive strike.
                Great post Anna. The thing about Tom Daley is that he's come out while he's still at the height of his sporting prowess with at least the Rio Olympics to come, whereas Gareth was gong gently downhill, with his magnificent International career behind him.

Comment

:laugh: Sorry - type in haste, repent at leisure! Have corrected it!
                  You're a libel lawyer's dream Anna! :loveblush:

:winkeye:
                  "...the isle is full of noises,
                  Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                  Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                  Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
                    You're a libel lawyer's dream Anna! :loveblush:

:winkeye:
                    Care to name that libel lawyer, Cali? :whistle::laugh:

:devil:

Comment

I don't think so !

Well I did see Gareth E at the opera in Cardiff a few years ago :laugh: :yikes: - it caused quite a stir in the circle at the New Theatre.

I'd actually met him a couple of years earlier in a work-related situation - he came to our office. Someone who was putting a proposition to us (something to do with shooting) brought him along to impress us. Trouble was, I hadn't the faintest idea who he was, I merely thought, what a nice bloke. Our secretary's eyes were like organ stops, when they'd left she said "Didn't you realise who that was?!"

:blush:

Comment

Yes let's hope that in 20 years say it is simply not news .
                        Hear, hear!

Comment

When I read Britains No 1 diver,I thought they meant Ashley Young.(non football fans probably will not geddit).

Comment

Yes let's hope that in 20 years say it is simply not news .
                            It isn't news now. It's mind-numbingly boring and predictable.

Comment

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
                              When I read Britains No 1 diver,I thought they meant Ashley Young.(non football fans probably will not geddit).
                              :laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
                                It isn't news now. It's mind-numbingly boring and predictable.
                                You're wrong, you know - it is news - & quite important news to a lot of people. Just because you don't geddit doesn't mean that it isn't.

Comment

Working...
                                X