Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A long-held bookmark to a forum page containing a list of every BAL programme no longer seems to work. The URL has 'archive' in it but it directs now to the front page of this forum, I was wondering if it had been taken down? (It's been a useful reference point in the past.)

The URL is: http://www.for3.org/forums/archive/i.../f-60-p-2.html (and it was either p2 or p3, I had both bookmarked).

Comment

Originally posted by kwimper View Post
      A long-held bookmark to a forum page containing a list of every BAL programme no longer seems to work. The URL has 'archive' in it but it directs now to the front page of this forum, I was wondering if it had been taken down? (It's been a useful reference point in the past.)

The URL is: http://www.for3.org/forums/archive/i.../f-60-p-2.html (and it was either p2 or p3, I had both bookmarked).
      Keep looking in, kwimper. Andrew may be able to sort out what happened. I can't think why it would disappear, especially if you've accessed it fairly recently.
      It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Did your bookmark have the title of the forum page? It might be useful for searching...

At the bottom of the BBC's BAL webpage there are several Excel spreadsheets & documents with information about older programmes...
        I wonder if these (or their text) were on the Archived forum page?N.B. Your browser might complain about some of the links (they don't use HTTPS)

Comment

Originally posted by AuntDaisy View Post

Did your bookmark have the title of the forum page? It might be useful for searching...
          Hi AuntDaisy, the title my browser has is Building a Library [Archive] - Page 2 - The Radio 3 Forum - probably not the detail needed for searching. The information contained on the page was simply the date of the broadcast and the piece of music discussed.

I didn't know those links on the BAL webpage were there, so thank you very much for posting them.

My search started this morning following a conversation with a friend about the outcomes of the recent Winterreise episode, and I said I would look up if there had been previous programmes discussing the song cycle. Before I came to this forum I found a thread from an old newsgroup archive. Whether it was an error at the time I don't know but the Winterreise first choice mentioned in it is Schreier/Schiff, not the Schäfer/Schneider referred to in the linked documents.

Comment

Ordering seems awry again in the What's New view: currently cat's 06:20 post on Cathedral choirs is at the top, though several posts have been made since.

PS: This, though, jumped to the top!
            Last edited by Pulcinella; 26-01-24, 10:57. Reason: PS added!

Comment

Originally posted by Pulcinella View Post
              Ordering seems awry again in the What's New view: currently cat's 06:20 post on Cathedral choirs is at the top, though several posts have been made since.

PS: This, though, jumped to the top!
              It does it all the time - I usually manage to correct it before anybody complains, but not this time ...

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Slater View Post

It does it all the time - I usually manage to correct it before anybody complains, but not this time ...
                Gabriel has subsequently posted on the Cathedral thread, which may (or may not!) have affected the sequence: I don't know who got there first!

Comment

Originally posted by Pulcinella View Post

Gabriel has subsequently posted on the Cathedral thread, which may (or may not!) have affected the sequence: I don't know who got there first!
                  That was the post that should have been indicated, rather than Cat's.

It seems that the thread ordering is usually (always?) right; it's the labelling of the most recent post that has trouble catching up. Clearing the system cache seems to correct everything.

Comment

Hi AuntDaisy, the title my browser has is Building a Library [Archive] - Page 2 - The Radio 3 Forum - probably not the detail needed for searching. The information contained on the page was simply the date of the broadcast and the piece of music discussed.

I didn't know those links on the BAL webpage were there, so thank you very much for posting them.

My search started this morning following a conversation with a friend about the outcomes of the recent Winterreise episode, and I said I would look up if there had been previous programmes discussing the song cycle. Before I came to this forum I found a thread from an old newsgroup archive. Whether it was an error at the time I don't know but the Winterreise first choice mentioned in it is Schreier/Schiff, not the Schäfer/Schneider referred to in the linked documents.

Schreier/Schiff is the only recording I have (and the only one that I need), and didn't appear on the Forum list of recordings, although it may be available from Amazon or a similar provider.

Comment

The logo seems to have disappeared. I'll keep an eye on things and intervene later, if necessary.

Comment

The logo seems to have disappeared. I'll keep an eye on things and intervene later, if necessary.
                        One Damn Thing After Another. [I'm beginning to forget] I've forgotten how I put it there
                        It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Originally posted by french frank View Post

One Damn Thing After Another. [I'm beginning to forget] I've forgotten how I put it there
                          It seems fairly persistent: I'll have a look later and see if I can restore it from the backup.

Comment

Hah! "powered by vBulletin" it says when the cursor hovers over the box. Not enough power it would seem...

Comment

I think the logo's back now. You might need to refresh your browser to see it. Any problems, please let me know.

Comment

I think the logo's back now. You might need to refresh your browser to see it. Any problems, please let me know.
                                Thanks, Andrew (and me, a bit)

Comment

Working...
                                X