Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when does the thread start ?
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

Originally posted by MrGongGong View Post
      It's a listening score
      It's not a set of instructions for actions
      But made to assist with the listening process and to deepen understanding

There are lots of these things in the world
      So these are meant to be used in conjunction with listening to the music, then? If the music is (say) electronic and computer generated, then the music IS the representation in the computer system, but what about pieces where players interact? Are there codes which they are expected to follow to "interpret" such scores?

Comment

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
        So these are meant to be used in conjunction with listening to the music, then? If the music is (say) electronic and computer generated, then the music IS the representation in the computer system, but what about pieces where players interact? Are there codes which they are expected to follow to "interpret" such scores?
        The music isn't "the representation in the computer system" anymore than a Haydn string quartet is a "representation of 2 violins, viola and cello".
        There are "codes" but not necessarily consistent from one composer to another

This is worth a read

and lots of other resources

There are also these kinds of scores

Verbal notation has emerged since the 1950s as a prominent medium in the field of experimental music, as well as in related areas of arts practice involving per…

Comment

Scores and Editions is now under Talking about Music. It has one thread - perhaps people would PM me if there are other threads that could be moved there.

Oh, and if this wasn't what was wanted, just say I'll try again.
          It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Working...
          X