Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
    I think all the Hosts would squabble to be the first to second this Motion, rfg.

frenchie's efforts over the past plenty years is far more worthy of public recognition than many of the OBEs, CBEs etc dished out twice yearly. We will all do our very best to attempt to maintain the Standards she has set - and to keep the Forum the friendly, welcoming, and interesting place it has been for us over the past seven years.

(And frenchie will still be very welcome to the Hosts' Annual Christmas Party - on the strict understanding that she is still barred from the Musical Chairs event. Vicious her tactics are - vicious!!!)
    Thank you, Sarah.

You have been a great friend and a wise counseller to us all.

Please sign up to be an R3forum member, to keep an eye on what is going on amongst us and to make your own contributions to the ongoing debates.

You don't have to tell us what your membership name is (but we would probably recognise your style anyway)

Enjoy your freedom to say what you like when you like.

I know that I speak on behalf of all of our members.

Hornspieler::::

Comment

Thanks FF for the forum and all your hard work and calm management of the forum when some of us get hot headed .

Looking forward to you joining us in the ranks .

Bit worried about fhgl taking over - will there be compulsory Lachenmann listening sessions or a ban on Scheherazade ?

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
        It was sad to pay a visit the other day to what used to be known as the 'other place' and discover one poor chap more or less writing to himself.
        I didn't know the Hear & Now board used to be known as "the other place"!
        [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by french frank View Post
          Enough, enough - this is a business thread (but thank you anyway).
          Sorry, but you deserve it.

Comment

Originally posted by Barbirollians View Post
            Bit worried about fhgl taking over - will there be compulsory Lachenmann listening sessions or a ban on Scheherazade ?
            Oooh! The power ... the power!

Just to reassure Forumistas that I'm not "taking over" - the whole community of Hosts will share the running of the Forum. I'm just the "named individual" for Admin business and suchlike (I was the only one in the line who didn't step backwards when the volunteer was asked to step forwards). Insofar as is possible, we all want the Forum to remain as much the same as it has always been - a haven for Radio 3 -type-minded individuals to exchange ideas and chat.

(How about a "compulsory Kathleen Ferrier Thread?
            [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
              Oooh! The power ... the power!

Just to reassure Forumistas that I'm not "taking over" -
              That's what you think.

Comment

Originally posted by Barbirollians View Post
                Occasional references to the Ravel will be permitted, perhaps. He was better at orchestrating his own work than he was that of Mussorgsky.

Comment

oh, this is sad, farewell frankie, my first contact in the Forum, who supplied my accent aigu. Many thanks for all the work: the Francophonie dwindles.
                  Last edited by Alain Maréchal; 12-09-17, 13:52.

Comment

Will ff disappear altogether? Not even the occasional well-judged comment?

Comment

Originally posted by jean View Post
                      Not even the occasional well-judged comment?
                      I shall miss the ones that remind me of Mademoiselle correcting dictation.

Comment

Thank you for everything. We love this forum and we owe so much to you.

....... just as I was beginning to behave myself.

Comment

I do remember you saying about 'retiring' from the Forum but I am very glad it's not closing down!!!

I think the best way, as you have said would be to hand over the forum to our gallant team of hosts, who do a magnificent job.

Many thanks for doing a great job!
                          Don’t cry for me
                          I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

I must say this Forum has become a tremendously valuable resource, which I value very highly for the authoritative opinions, information, and discussions. Long may it continue - there's nothing quite like it elsewhere. It is such a vibrant platform that it would be sorely missed if it were to fade away. And special thanks to ff who has spearheaded efforts so energetically over the past few years! I do feel there is still a need to keep up pressure on the BBC to combat the erosion in standards we have seen for several years, not just on R3 but also BBC2 and BBC4 TV.

Comment

From ff to ferney. First thanks to ff for the 'iron hand in the velvet glove' approach and keeping control of all the hissy fits, spats and at times real nastiness on the boards over the years. A well earned rest and enjoy passing on the responsibility. ferney, I hope this new responsibility will not make too serious and controlling and that razor sharp wit will still be present, and also keep AA alive. Whilst I understand the original reason for the board I enjoy the mix of it now being a mix of serious discussion about music of a wide range and a chat in the pub!

Comment

....I cannot but be thinking of the part in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest where they are taken out by McMurphy on the boat....the consequence of which.....

Nicely done ff....excellent in fact
                                bong ching

Comment

Working...
                                X