Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Belated thanks from me too FF for all your hard work.
    Best wishes for your retirement.

Comment

Yes indeed, many thanks for all the work and energy, ff. See you around in Another Place (where political posts are allowed! ).

Comment

... to add my thanks to Sarah - for all the work, but above all the intelligent sanity and forbearance which has enabled this beast to survive and flourish beyond expectation. It's been great. The Ferneyhiccup is taking on quite a heritage - but will I'm sure nurture it wisely and well...

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Barrett View Post
          Yes indeed, many thanks for all the work and energy, ff. See you around in Another Place (where political posts are allowed! ).
          Meh, giving up politics too - except on Facebook! Oh, I suppose that's where you mean!

I did approach TOP, and the H'Administration would have been happy for a transfer, subject to the agreement of the half-dozen or so that still valiantly post there. But on reflection it seemed that R3 Forumites would want to make extensive changes, introducing all our boards (mostly relating to Radio 3). Obviously, those who post there prefer TOP to here, so swamping them would have been a bit unfair. Perhaps they'll be tempted over when the R3 forum is no longer FoR3?

I also thought of their 'red' back-up forum, set up when the first TOP disappeared abruptly. I did think we could have made that our own as it's not used, but was told it was 'not available'.

This might be the moment to say that in my view it is important to keep "Radio 3" as the focus of the forum, however many byways are introduced. It gives it a clearer identity than just being a jolly meeting place for people to meet and chat about things. It's my opinion that it all started to slide at TOP when they took a decision to jettison the obvious Radio 3 interest.
          It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

... sorry, - "TOP" - kesskesaykesa?

Comment

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post

... sorry, - "TOP" - kesskesaykesa?

The Other Place - R3ok whose link we have loyally(!) kept in the sidebar, as they used to have ours . They also call us TOP! Several people from here still post there now and again, but I don't even know who the regulars are.
              It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Originally posted by french frank View Post
                This might be the moment to say that in my view it is important to keep "Radio 3" as the focus of the forum, however many byways are introduced. It gives it a clearer identity than just being a jolly meeting place for people to meet and chat about things. It's my opinion that it all started to slide at TOP when they took a decision to jettison the obvious Radio 3 interest.
                I’d say not a moment too soon. Radio 3 is the base where we all come back to or more importantly, we all know we can come back to like home. Without it, no matter how interesting they may be, all those talks about weather, birds, food, or HIPP would drift away like balloons whose string nobody is holing. The most important thing about this forum to me has been/is that I know I am talking to the people who listen to Radio 3. This may sound absurd but that in itself, I think, almost prove the point.
                Last edited by doversoul1; 14-09-17, 14:04.

Comment

Oh, I suppose that's where you mean!
                  It was, yes.

Regarding the shrinkage of r3ok: the lack of emphasis on Radio 3 was inevitable given the highly international membership, after which point it didn't really offer anything that FB wasn't an improvement on. All of these things (even FB no doubt) have a finite lifespan which one shouldn't get too sentimental about...

Comment

Many, many thanks - your efforts have IMO brought about a very significant change in the direction of R3 and have enhanced the lives of so many hereabouts ......
                    Last edited by antongould; 14-09-17, 18:08.

Comment

Comment

I do hope this place will stay. Not been joined long, but is an oasis of calm and civility in an increasingly coarse cyber world

Comment

Originally posted by cmr_for3 View Post
                          I do hope this place will stay.
                          As long as people want it …

Originally posted by cmr_for3 View Post
                          but is an oasis of calm and civility in an increasingly coarse cyber world
                          Yes, it's been much improved lately

Comment

The Other Place - R3ok whose link we have loyally(!) kept in the sidebar, as they used to have ours . They also call us TOP! Several people from here still post there now and again, but I don't even know who the regulars are.
                            I post occasionally, because there's always been a dedicated thread for Liverpool concerts.

I know there are one or two posters there whose loyalty won't allow them to post here at all.

Comment

Having only just noticed this, may I pass my belated thanks to French Frank for all her considerable efforts over the years, always voice of sagacity and calm – best wishes for the future. BTW, what is the provenance of your avatar ff? It’s a rather charming image.

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post

Comment

Working...
                                X