Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have I missed something? I thought this Forum was continuing with ff as a member but no longer running it. Other than fhg taking over the reins nothing else seems to have changed.

Comment

As an avid reader of this forum and an occasional poster, I would also like to add my thanks to ff for all the hard work. I do hope the forum will continue to thrive as it's not only a valuable resource but also a great place to share thoughts on music and hear others views and recommendations. Best wishes to you, ff.

Comment

Originally posted by gradus View Post
        Have I missed something? I thought this Forum was continuing with ff as a member but no longer running it. Other than fhg taking over the reins nothing else seems to have changed.
        ....there is this small matter...."The Radio 3 Forum, which we have run for the past 7 years as a replacement for the BBC Messageboards, is now being handed over to the Radio 3 listeners who join to discuss, inter alia, Radio 3. It will no longer be the responsibility of Friends of Radio 3."
        bong ching

Comment

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
          ....there is this small matter...."The Radio 3 Forum, which we have run for the past 7 years as a replacement for the BBC Messageboards, is now being handed over to the Radio 3 listeners who join to discuss, inter alia, Radio 3. It will no longer be the responsibility of Friends of Radio 3."
          Yes - for Forumistas who weren't members of Friends of Radio 3, the hope is that the changes won't really be noticed, and that things continue as successfully as heretofore.
          [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
            Yes - for Forumistas who weren't members of Friends of Radio 3, the hope is that the changes won't really be noticed, and that things continue as successfully as heretofore.
            There is surely another question though. What is going to happen to For3?
            So far I've not seen any major changes - the web site is still there, and it's even been updated recently. Are we into a Brexit like period - we don't quite know what is going to happen to For3, and what the timescales for change are - that's assuming that changes are planned and even perhaps agreed.

Are both Fo3 and the New R3 Forum both going to exist and continue, but possibly with different teams running them, or are other changes currently envisaged?

Comment

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
              There is surely another question though. What is going to happen to For3?
              So far I've not seen any major changes - the web site is still there, and it's even been updated recently. Are we into a Brexit like period - we don't quite know what is going to happen to For3, and what the timescales for change are - that's assuming that changes are planned and even perhaps agreed.

Are both Fo3 and the New R3 Forum both going to exist and continue, but possibly with different teams running them, or are other changes currently envisaged?
              I don't know, Dave: like many Forumistas (including, I believe, most of the Hosts), I am not and have never been a member of FoR3.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
                Are we into a Brexit like period - we don't quite know what is going to happen to For3, and what the timescales for change are - that's assuming that changes are planned and even perhaps agreed.
                It all depends what other people are prepared to do. If no one has any ideas, nothing will happen.

It was June of last year that I said in my FoR3 newsletter that I was standing down, and that it was a bit like 'Spexit' in terms of knowing where FoR3 was going. I ended "if there are any suggestions as to how FoR3 can continue/reinvent itself, let me know". I am just about celebrating my 10th anniversary of not being a Radio 3 listener (after the arrival of Breakfast which finally finished me off) so I've relied on collating the views of those who do listen, and continued to respond to BBC consultations on that basis; also sending in unsolicited 'submissions'. After 14 years and tens of thousands of words written I don't think I want to go on until I drop.

I'm pleased that the forum will continue with the team under ferney-"You may think I'm soft but I'm hard, damned hard"-geliebte.
                It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Originally posted by french frank View Post
                  I'm pleased that the forum will continue with the team under ferney-"You may think I'm soft but I'm hard, damned hard"-geliebte.
                  looks nothing like him...

OR DOES IT???

Anyway, match the others ff, you know you want to. Parting gift and all that...

Comment

Actually, "I advise you strongly not to start ragging me," was the alternative for ferney. And it does look quite like him, too, doesn't it?

You're: "The boys look on me as a friend."
                    Caliban: "This is not going to hurt me as much as it hurts you."
                    Alpie: "Mr Wesson thinks it's the ballcock, Mrs Gordon thinks it's the shuttle pan. But I think it's you boys in fact I'm sure of it."
                    For me: "I cannot keep order "

Originally posted by Globaltruth View Post
                    looks nothing like him...

OR DOES IT???

Anyway, match the others ff, you know you want to. Parting gift and all that...
                    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Actually, "I advise you strongly not to start ragging me," was the alternative for ferney. And it does look quite like him, too, doesn't it

Comment

Actually, "I advise you strongly not to start ragging me," was the alternative for ferney. And it does look quite like him, too, doesn't it?

You're: "The boys look on me as a friend."
                        Alpie: "Mr Wesson thinks it's the ballcock, Mrs Gordon thinks it's the shuttle pan. But I think it's you boys in fact I'm sure of it."
                        Please don't ever leave

Comment

Forget it.
                          Last edited by DracoM; 05-10-17, 22:16.

Comment

Is this about the changes afoot on Radio 3 rather than the forum (which seems to have veered into another discussion about W1A)?

Comment

I'll settle for that!

I don't think we have an Usque ad Nauseam do we...?

But I see you as rather Unless the culprit owns up the whole school will dig the vegetable garden

"...the isle is full of noises,
                              Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                              Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                              Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Working...
                              X