This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by antongould View Post
    Welcome just the person we need on the, ever expanding, Adele thread????

(I think some of the videos might be a bit fruity for some in here )

Comment

Originally posted by usher View Post
      Thank you all for the warm welcome. I am a St Vincent fan (introduced to her CDs....by my son)....
      She was influenced, it seems, by Tori Amos, to whose CDs I was introduced by my niece - Immediately and most persistently audible on this album is a nod to Tori Amos, who's also made a career of crafting sexy, startling, vital music via unimpeachable technique and a deceptively sweet voice. I've been trying Schubert songs on the niece....
      Adele - me neither .

Anyway - welcome from me!

Comment

Thank you for the welcome. In return for his introductions (Augustines, The Joy Formidable, Black Keys and Rammstein) I have recently unleashed Mozart Complete Wind Music (Jack Brymer & London Wind Soloists) on him. Not surprisingly it went down well.

Comment

Originally posted by usher View Post
          I have recently unleashed Mozart Complete Wind Music (Jack Brymer & London Wind Soloists) on him. Not surprisingly it went down well.
          Mmmm, courage rewarded
          It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Sorry about the massive font......

Crikey! Am I the first to join in 2016?

Hello, R3 persons. What a relief to find others who listen to this estimable station. Anything to escape D Bowie on R4. What's got into them?
            Last edited by Guest; 13-01-16, 13:02. Reason: Font size

Comment

....welcome Duchess ....however big you are....
              bong ching

Comment

Yes, welcome - there is an appropriate thread for you to voice your frustration re topical news …
                It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

New thread

Originally posted by french frank View Post
                  Yes, welcome - there is an appropriate thread for you to voice your frustration re topical news …
                  May I have the link, please? Feeling dopey this morning.....

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Tarleton View Post
                    Adele - me neither
                    How appropriate to find that she graduated "from the BRIT School for Performing Arts and Technology in 2006" when her initials are ALBA...

Comment

Welcome, Kay Wilson - several Handelian verses come to mind as you set off on the yellow brick road, erm, mind the gap! Warmest greetings, Stanley

Comment

Welcome to ASD01! I know this new member.
                        Don’t cry for me
                        I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

Not a new member as such, but should posters be confused, as I’ve always admired Mr Nick Armstrong’s decision (formerly known as Caliban) to no longer hide behind a fictitious name on the forum, I have asked that I become known for who I am (as opposed to what I am).

Comment

Originally posted by Mario View Post
                            Not a new member as such, but should posters be confused, as I’ve always admired Mr Nick Armstrong’s decision (formerly known as Caliban) to no longer hide behind a fictitious name on the forum, I have asked that I become known for who I am (as opposed to what I am).
                            Given that you usually sign off as Mario, this is hardly earth-shattering news, but welcome in your renamed state.
                            You know who I am, through PMs, but at present I'm inclined to keep my Stravinskian nom de guerre (as Sir Velo once referred to it!) on the forum, not that I'm ashamed of who or indeed what I am!

Comment

Welcome James Erber! If you are who I think you are, I am pleased to see you turn up here.

Comment

I am indeed who you think I am. Thanks for your kind words.

Comment

Working...
                                X