No announcement yet.
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you---simplest is best though it's tempting to clear the throat on the 'gh'!

Comment

Just Joined

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post
      just to say hello...
      Just joined... my first post..

I'm reminded of an incident a couple of months ago. The presenter on "Essential Classics" requested that listeners phone in with suggestions of music which made them weep. I replied with a text: "The way this program has been dumbed down makes me weep!" No reaction of course.

Comment

Hello, Nogger - and welcome. Somewhere there's a special thread devoted to Essential Classics. And another for Breakfast!
        It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Hello everyone.

I just might be starting to have time enough to look in on, and even post to, these sorts of forums now, so I've taken the plunge. I'm not entirely unfamiliar, as many years ago I occasionally used to drop into the BBC message boards, including Radio Three's own. Although at times I thought there were worthwhile discussions, I have to say it seemed to depend to a large extent on chance, as in my view there was much stupidity and even thuggery. But maybe I was intolerant.

Anyway, I'm glad I've found this place, and I hope that I may be able to both contribute and learn.

Best wishes from France, where I now live for some of the time.

John

Comment

Welcome (back) to these boards JohnfromGaronne (short: JfG ), and I hope you'll emulate the Black Prince in reconquering that part of the world for us

Comment

Thank you. That's a fast, and appreciated, welcome.

As for reconquering, well, it occurs to me that there are enough castles around down here to have a reasonable shot at it - and some are currently vacant. I'll give it some thought and let you know if I decide to make a move...

Comment

Originally posted by JohnfromGaronne View Post
                ...Best wishes from France, where I now live for some of the time.

John
                And to you, too.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnfromGaronne View Post
                  Hello everyone.

I just might be starting to have time enough to look in on, and even post to, these sorts of forums now, so I've taken the plunge. I'm not entirely unfamiliar, as many years ago I occasionally used to drop into the BBC message boards, including Radio Three's own. Although at times I thought there were worthwhile discussions, I have to say it seemed to depend to a large extent on chance, as in my view there was much stupidity and even thuggery. But maybe I was intolerant.

Anyway, I'm glad I've found this place, and I hope that I may be able to both contribute and learn.

Best wishes from France, where I now live for some of the time.

John
                  Very good to have another member of the (sometimes) French chapter!

Welcome. As a francophone with some French family contacts and frequent visits (plus dipping into France Musique on t'internet), maybe there'll be things to talk about on a wider basis than Radio 3 (see the more general areas of the Forum... other radio stations, food, drink, &c. &c... )
                  "...the isle is full of noises,
                  Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                  Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                  Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
                    Very good to have another member of the (sometimes) French chapter!

Welcome. As a francophone with some French family contacts and frequent visits (plus dipping into France Musique on t'internet), maybe there'll be things to talk about on a wider basis than Radio 3 (see the more general areas of the Forum... other radio stations, food, drink, &c. &c... )
                    Welcome indeed, from another French Chapter. I should be really but my French is somewhat 'Del Boyish'(or maybe slightly better!)
                    Don’t cry for me
                    I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

Hello to you all.

Comment

Hello, usher - and a very warm welcome to the Forum.
                        [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by usher View Post
                          Hello to you all.
                          Welcome just the person we need on the, ever expanding, Adele thread????

Comment

Originally posted by antongould View Post
                            Welcome just the person we need on the, ever expanding, Adele thread????
                            What? Are people discussing … pop music … here? I dunno, this place is going to the dogs (no disrespect intended to Ms Adkins ).

Welcome, usher. If one steers clear of some of the typical online disputes, this place can be very informative and good humoured.
                            It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I am a St Vincent fan (introduced to her CDs, as to so many others, including my favourites, The Joy Formidable, by my son) so not able to join in on the Adele thread!

Comment

Originally posted by usher View Post
                                Thank you all for the warm welcome. I am a St Vincent fan (introduced to her CDs, as to so many others, including my favourites, The Joy Formidable, by my son) so not able to join in on the Adele thread!
                                I thought St Vincent was a Caribbean island.

Comment

Working...
                                X