No announcement yet.
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just saying hello its the same me as you can tell by my name. Only been a lurker on the R# board for a few years. Still interested in all things musical.
    Good luck to the new MBs. Hello to FF, hope you are well.

Comment

Thanks FF for bringing this to life, and just in time to maintain real continuity with the friendly community. Pity the BBC wants to throw us out, but hey, they have been doing that for years with all their fancy interactive "improvements".
      Looking forward to proper chats, with valued online reviewers.

Comment

now I wasn't planning to do this (far too much ugly noise to write !)
        but how else can i find well informed advice on obscure chamber music
        and conversations about La Monte Young and Rammstein ?

:-)

Comment

Hmmmm....

....Thanks ff....
          bong ching

Comment

Welcome

Thank you to french frank for the hard work. I very recently joined the R3 MB only to see its imminent demise! I hope I am not a jonah.........

prost!

Comment

Hi Kurwenal

Very long time no see. Welcome back.

Comment

Jonah (and assorted newbies)

Welcome aboard. Looking forward to hearing from you all.
                Last edited by Guest; 26-11-10, 17:57.

Comment

Greetings everybody. Just signing in to test I've registered OK and to say thanks again to french frank and any others involved for organising this site for us at such short notice.

umslopogaas

Comment

Good afternoon, here is my first post. I am looking forward to how this forum develops.

Comment

Originally posted by Mary Chambers View Post
                      I don't mind the colour. Thank you for this new chance to air our views.

I don't need avatars, thank you. I had enough trouble trying to get mine right on R3OK, and don't really want to do it again.
                      But it is exceptionally lovely, Mary.

And lots of thanks to ff for setting this up.

Comment

And a quick hello from me too - thanks Frenchfrank and everyone else involved in setting up the new site - I look forward to meeting old friends and new here.

Cheers

Karafan (wondering if his avatar will also show...?)

Edit: no, but it does show on the profile page.....scratches head....
                        "Let me have my own way in exactly everything, and a sunnier and more pleasant creature does not exist." Thomas Carlyle

Comment

Many thanks French Frank.This seems to be a friendly place so far. I hope to post more often here than I did at the old R3 board.

marthe

Comment

I've just looked at the list of new arrivals here and, goodness, there are names from the past, just above, ol' Pete Kelly with whom I had long and earnest exchanges in the past - and Kurwenal who's dropped his Me. Plus some very new friends from the BBC boards. Very encouraging.

Thank you all so much for joining. I hope the discussions will continue in the very happy spirit with which they've started. [No harm in hoping, heh, heh!] It has been very hard work over the last few days but once the old boards have finally gone and people decide whether they want to stick around, we must start the process of delegating the powers. I've got some suggestions for your approval and will be posting them soon.
                            It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Thank you, FF. I have just beached here too. Good to see some familiar names!

Comment

Seconded. Thanks FF and everyone involved. It's just like home - except nobody's been rude about certain lady presenters (yet)!

Comment

Working...
                                X