X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Prommer
    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Stanfordian View Post
    Although I have no probelm with tradition it's the same old pieces every year.
    That is a joke, no? Difficult to envisage a tradition where everything changes!

As for baby Rattle, could she not...er.. wave a rattle? Let off a klaxon? That would be in keeping with the occasion, and handing the baton...

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
      Gone fishin'
      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Prommer View Post
      Mine was essentially to convey the idea that she is dull. Enforced jollity rather than genuine warmth and fun and/or authoritative comment. Superficial gush.
      Pronounced Tristan as in T&I as if his surname was Farnon.
      Silly package about the RAH with her popping in and put of doors grinning like a cheshire cat.
      Too much chattering! Arguably holding up the actual concert.
      I wouldn't disagree with any of this and share your But I don't think that this was conveyed in your #139, which seemed rather to concentrate on matters of her appearance, which are irrelevant to the poor quality of her presentation - and move the focus from the low quality of her work onto exactly the sort of trivial matters that are a target for justified complaint in her presenting "personality".
      [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• Prommer
        • Dec 2010

This is quite a good piece from a (non-musical) journalist who was there, actually about how good-natured she found it - and multi-national...

Weekly magazine featuring the best British journalists, authors, critics and cartoonists, since 1828

Comment

• MickyD
          • Nov 2010

As for Rule Britannia, I prefer how dear old Dr Arne really intended it:

Thomas Augustine Arne (March 1710, London – 5 March 1778, London) was an English composer, best known for the patriotic song Rule, Britannia!. Work: The Masq...

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
            Host
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by MickyD View Post
            As for Rule Britannia, I prefer how dear old Dr Arne really intended it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rdIJ0sEEmA
            Sargent's version was essentially the same.

Comment

• Barbirollians
              • Nov 2010

I see no reason why we cannot go back to a serious first half, some singing by the soloist of their preferred repertory at the start of the second half and then the fun and games .

The other year they spent all that money on Nigel Kennedy and all he played was the ubiquitous Lark !

Comment

Working...
              X