Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stanfordian View Post
    Although I have no probelm with tradition it's the same old pieces every year.
    That is a joke, no? Difficult to envisage a tradition where everything changes!

As for baby Rattle, could she not...er.. wave a rattle? Let off a klaxon? That would be in keeping with the occasion, and handing the baton...

Comment

Originally posted by Prommer View Post
      Mine was essentially to convey the idea that she is dull. Enforced jollity rather than genuine warmth and fun and/or authoritative comment. Superficial gush.
      Pronounced Tristan as in T&I as if his surname was Farnon.
      Silly package about the RAH with her popping in and put of doors grinning like a cheshire cat.
      Too much chattering! Arguably holding up the actual concert.
      I wouldn't disagree with any of this and share your But I don't think that this was conveyed in your #139, which seemed rather to concentrate on matters of her appearance, which are irrelevant to the poor quality of her presentation - and move the focus from the low quality of her work onto exactly the sort of trivial matters that are a target for justified complaint in her presenting "personality".
      [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

This is quite a good piece from a (non-musical) journalist who was there, actually about how good-natured she found it - and multi-national...

Weekly magazine featuring the best British journalists, authors, critics and cartoonists, since 1828

Comment

As for Rule Britannia, I prefer how dear old Dr Arne really intended it:

Thomas Augustine Arne (March 1710, London – 5 March 1778, London) was an English composer, best known for the patriotic song Rule, Britannia!. Work: The Masq...

Comment

Originally posted by MickyD View Post
            As for Rule Britannia, I prefer how dear old Dr Arne really intended it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rdIJ0sEEmA
            Sargent's version was essentially the same.

Comment

I see no reason why we cannot go back to a serious first half, some singing by the soloist of their preferred repertory at the start of the second half and then the fun and games .

The other year they spent all that money on Nigel Kennedy and all he played was the ubiquitous Lark !

Comment

Working...
              X