Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
    Or you could plump for C&N (Northern), MrGG like these fine fellows.
    Scottish duo, the Alexander Brother`s, Tom & Jack. with one of their favourites, Nobody`s Child.This track is one of 15 on their available CD/DVD, "Song of t...

Where's the high tide when you need it?
    Oh dear oh dear oh dear
    that really is one of the worst things i've ever heard
    and i've never wished for a Tsunami to hit Scotland before

Comment

Here's my contribution. Gentleman Jim Reeves. Previously I only knew the Elvis Presley version from the Sun Sessions. This is much better.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Reynolds View Post
        Here's my contribution. Gentleman Jim Reeves. Previously I only knew the Elvis Presley version from the Sun Sessions. This is much better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nECoA-uVGfw
        For me Martin, you cannae whack the version by the guy who wrote the song - Leon Payne.
        Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Why go all the way to Amerika when you can find home-grown fun just down the road?https://Check out this video on YouT...[/url]

Comment

I guess Jimmie Rodgers was around before 'country' or was he the start?

I've got a few of his 78 rpm records (were issued in Britain on Zonophone)

Example of his work: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEIBm...eature=related

Maybe 'hobo music' rather than 'country' ?
            - - -

John W

Comment

Originally posted by Globaltruth View Post
              Why go all the way to Amerika when you can find home-grown fun just down the road?https://Check out this video on YouT...[/url]
              Could you repeat that please, Globaltruth. I'd like to hear what's as good as, or better than, the Americans.

If it sounds country, man, that's what it is........?

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
              Last edited by Guest; 26-04-11, 00:01.

Comment

Originally posted by PatrickOD View Post
                Could you repeat that please, Globaltruth. I'd like to hear what's as good as, or better than, the Americans.

If it sounds country, man, that's what it is........?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYFhWV8--io

The good doctor still waving the C & W flag after a mere 40 years practice.

If you don't like the video, remember to check out the pub, Grey's in Hanover, if you're ever in Brighton...

Comment

That's neat!

Comment

Now Globaltruth, a civilised nation's main radio broadcaster would start every programme with a yodeling song.
                    Dezuriks
                    I'm rather a vintage jazz man, country is only among my peripheral interests, but when a colleague of mine came to me saying "thou hast to hear this" and gav...

And oh for a repeat of Wangford's 'A-Z Of Country Music'

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Sherratt View Post
                      Now Globaltruth, a civilised nation's main radio broadcaster would start every programme with a yodeling song.
                      Dezuriks
                      I'm rather a vintage jazz man, country is only among my peripheral interests, but when a colleague of mine came to me saying "thou hast to hear this" and gav...

And oh for a repeat of Wangford's 'A-Z Of Country Music'
                      Or maybe even young Mr. Reynolds on his doubtless fine show?

Those Dezuriks sisters were a real find weren't they - transcends labelling in my opinion.

Comment

>>even young Mr. Reynolds
                        Indeed.
                        And on the hour before the headlines on the 'Today' programme.
                        Could flatten out the gruesome ego of that presenter for a second or two ...

Comment

Originally posted by MrGongGong View Post
                          Jolene (not in the shower with Sid/Kenton)
                          has to be on your list methinks !
                          Mention of Kenton gives a thought of what might have been had Stan Kenton followed up his 'does Wagner' with 'does Country' - 'Ghost Riders (of the Valkyries) in the Sky' with bongos maybe, or a nice Big Band version of 'Ring of Fire' ! However, a cautionary tale of such fusion. Late in his life after serious surgery a concerned looking Buddy Rich was asked by a nurse if something was troubling him. Rich replied 'Country Music'.

Comment

Buddy Rich.
                            Charlie no relative ?

Comment

Originally posted by MrGongGong View Post
                              Jolene (not in the shower with Sid/Kenton)
                              has to be on your list methinks !
                              I agree, as long as it's this modern hillbilly version

Comment

Did anyone mention Terry?

Comment

Working...
                                X