X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Globaltruth View Post
    Hatis Noit, performing almost live...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gbSK0z1SC4

NL is definitely at his best with this, as well as his expertise he has a barely supressed passion which comes across - I'd be quite happy for him to do a year long investigation into the music of Japan, other cities, out into the country, the past, the present, the future; but of course the BBC will rush past to the next novelty.
    Better enjoy whilst we can... gomen'nasai
    I have been listening a bit to Nick Luscombe's Late Junction recently and have been enjoying it.

I especially liked in this edition the new piece composed by Sugawara Kuniyoshi for the World Shakuhachi Festival.

On the jazz side, there is also a nice track from recently departed Tomasz Stanko.

The best of the BBC, with the latest news and sport headlines, weather, TV & radio highlights and much more from across the whole of BBC Online

Comment

In contrast to the music of Japan, I found NL's programme on Chinese music of sociological interest only.

Comment

Originally posted by Vespare View Post
        In contrast to the music of Japan, I found NL's programme on Chinese music of sociological interest only.
        It was a tough listen, V. Mrs C came through at one point with an even more bemused than usual look on her face asking, 'Just what are you listening to?'...it was hard to answer. Enjoyed the Xiao He track.

Comment

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
          It was a tough listen, V. Mrs C came through at one point with an even more bemused than usual look on her face asking, 'Just what are you listening to?'...it was hard to answer. Enjoyed the Xiao He track.
          Remind me to show you where the OFF switch is JC. This isn't compulsory - beyond and above the call of duty.

Comment

Originally posted by Globaltruth View Post
            Remind me to show you where the OFF switch is JC. This isn't compulsory - beyond and above the call of duty.
            I know, but I had been/ might still have been drinking beer - lowers the immune system. By the way, I stuck the Xiao He track you know where, Global. That last one you added is a topper.

Comment

If you follow Nick Luscombe he has announced today he is returning to Mixcloud - stopped posting shows there in Mar. '18

Nick Luscombe: Flomotion is on Mixcloud. Listen for free to their radio shows, DJ mix sets and Podcasts

Comment

Working...
              X