Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else enjoying The Mandalorian on Disney+? (Thought not....)....

​Space-Western Star-Wars spin-off, lawless universe full of gangs, monsters, droids and bounty hunters.... distant desert, rocky, mountainous planets, weird bars (like Mos Eisley Cantina in the first Star Wars) with reptilian jazz players, dusty towns, multi-sun sunsets.......
    Kind of an update on those old Flash Gordon strips and serials...

The Mandalorian himself is a sort of supercool hired assassin/bounty hunter, humanoid in robot suit (helmet with t-shaped visor, never comes off, cf Boba fett), but forms a fatal bond with "The Child" aka....Baby Yoda.......
    The hero's voice is channelling Clint out of the Dollars movies, but with a touch of helmeted radiophonic distortion thrown in....

Latest Droid creation is IG-11, starts out as an indestructible bountydroid but ends up....serving tea after a rebuild...I think I want a model...

In other words I'm helplessly in love with it! (Despite weak 5th and 6th epsiodes) Can't wait for the Season Finale on Mayday....

Comment

Originally posted by jayne lee wilson View Post
      Anyone else enjoying The Mandalorian on Disney+? (Thought not....).....
      Yes, I did... Watched it all in advance over the New Year holiday with visitors who had ‘access’. Very enjoyable!
      "...the isle is full of noises,
      Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
      Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
      Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
        Yes, I did... Watched it all in advance over the New Year holiday with visitors who had ‘access’. Very enjoyable!
        Hey, no spoilers now! Cool points awarded to you........
        Glad Jon Favreau back as writer for 7&8 though --- (different ones for 5 and 6 ...)

Comment

Hey, no spoilers now! Cool points awarded to you........
          Glad Jon Favreau back as writer for 7&8 though --- (different ones for 5 and 6 ...)

Loved the whirling droid in the first episode....

And naughty baby Yoda throughout...

Comment

,,,,new second series of Taboo in pipeline....series one on iplayer at mo'....for me both hilarious and jaw dropping in its physical violence at times....ludicrous, and silly.....................but great i think......photography and production values way up there.............i want Tom Hardys beaver hat....
            bong ching

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post

Loved the whirling droid in the first episode....

And naughty baby Yoda throughout...
              Very funny when IG-11 kept initiating self-destruct and Mando had to keep saying, no, no, don't...needing the firepower.... then had to destroy IG himself...regretting it. From laughs to weird pathos.....and that shootout even referenced the end of Butch Cassidy, for heavens sake....

(Felt sorry for the Mudhorn later though....only trying to raise a family, poor thing....so Mando finally gets the huge egg to the Jawas and....all they want to do is...eat the yolk......... cruel, cruel humour...)

So grateful for the series though - I've really had enough of the so-promising Westworld.......​heartless, humourless, repetitive.....
              Last edited by jayne lee wilson; 29-04-20, 20:20.

Comment

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
                ,,,,new second series of Taboo in pipeline....series one on iplayer at mo'....for me both hilarious and jaw dropping in its physical violence at times....ludicrous, and silly.....................but great i think......photography and production values way up there.............i want Tom Hardys beaver hat....

Loved Taboo for all those reasons

Great news!

Comment

Very funny when IG-11 kept initiating self-destruct and Mando had to keep saying, no, no, don't...needing the firepower.... then had to destroy IG himself...regretting it. From laughs to weird pathos.....and that shootout even referenced the end of Butch Cassidy, for heavens sake....

(Felt sorry for the Mudhorn later though....only trying to raise a family, poor thing....so Mando finally gets the huge egg to the Jawas and....all they want to do is...eat the yolk......... cruel, cruel humour...)

So grateful for the series though - I've really had enough of the so-promising Westworld.......​heartless, humourless, repetitive.....
                  Agreed on all points!

Comment

Fans of that excellent BBC1 series 'The A Word' will be pleased to see that series 3 starts on May the 5th.

Comment

Originally posted by caliban View Post

loved taboo for all those reasons

great news!

,,,,ablim sa dema ka eempa sha bwom....bwom
                      bong ching

Comment

,,,,ablim sa dema ka eempa sha bwom....bwom
                        Is this a private conversation, or can anybody join in?

Comment

Originally posted by LMcD View Post
                          Is this a private conversation, or can anybody join in?
                          ....(Kenneth Williams voice)...."oooonow you gone and broken the curse MR Horne"....
                          bong ching

Comment

....(Kenneth Williams voice)...."oooonow you gone and broken the curse MR Horne"....

(Never mind. it really doesn't matter!)

Comment

Good impersonation, 8thob! I could have sworn he was in the room!

Comment

For anyone who subscribes to Netflix, both series of Dinner Ladies are now streaming. Great fun, and an excellent cast.
                                Steve

Comment

Working...
                                X