Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gradus View Post

Having listened to the repeat today, I thought the Schumann and Handel excellent and the Balakirev so hell-for-leather that regardless of accuracy it carried me along, just as some Horowitz live recordings do.
    A fair summary. If you are going to play Islamey go for it . Like Richter’s incredible live Mephistio Waltz - to hell with the tyranny of the right notes.

Comment

So, under this new regime we are allowed a single lunchtime concert a week - the Wigmore Hall recital. It's no good, as far as I'm concerned, trumpeting all the "specially recorded" music that's being broadcast if it only appears as layers in the unpalatable millefeuille that is Classical Live. Are Louis Lortie afficionados(looking at this week's offerings) going to want to listen through 2 or 3 hours of output in order to catch his spots? No, they'll at best edit the output on catch up.If the Beeb is going to the trouble of recording in the first place, why are they not putting it out as a recital, or two?
      So now the afternoon offering is finally written off, I have largely lost patience with/tolerance of EC, only one lunchtime concert pw, most evening concerts now of little or no interest, I have become a household of little or no music, unless or until I can buy and set-up the necessary kit for accessing alternative offerings and catch up, but even then I don't want to spend my time picking through hours of BBC output to find the bits I want to hear. My small CD collection won't fill the gap - unless I go for the CFM endless repeat approach!
      Thanks for 6 decades gone BBC, no thanks for what seems a sparse future.

Comment

I wonder if the word stop is now in the wrong place in this thread title: it seems that they've effectively put a stop to the Lunchtime recital.
        I wonder if we'll get any from the Proms and the Edinburgh festival?

Comment

Originally posted by Pulcinella View Post
          I wonder if the word stop is now in the wrong place in this thread title: it seems that they've effectively put a stop to the Lunchtime recital.
          I wonder if we'll get any from the Proms and the Edinburgh festival?
          Yes, it would be more accurate to call it The Weekly Lunchtime Concert! How long will the tie-up with Wigmore Hall last I wonder, and what happens if it ends?

Comment

Well they've now managed to put up something for Monday 22nd April for Wigmore Hall. It's a recital by Alexandre Tharaud and includes this, apparently: Avant dreneieres pensees by Satie
            There's no listing of any CLive content for Monday 29th but the Wigmore Hall calendar shows I Fagiolini performing Monteverdi, so I hope that's what we get.

(The rest of the CLive listing for 22nd can't decide between Edinburgh Newtown Concert Series, or New Edinburgh Chamber Series as the origin of one of the recordings later in the programme...)

Comment

Working...
            X