Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

... I go with petrichor (one of my favourite words. And things.)

Comment

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post

... I go with petrichor (one of my favourite words. And things.)
      And Petrochor?
      It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Originally posted by french frank View Post

And Petrochor?
        ... well, I suppose petro | chor would give rock dance or rock choir

Comment

Originally posted by french frank View Post
          And Petrochor?
          ... and Petrochichor? (Some consider him godly?)

Thanks vinteuil for petrichor - perfect for our next walk (given the current weather). I wonder if damp-terrier-smell also has an evocative name...

Comment

Originally posted by AuntDaisy View Post
            ... and Petrochichor? (Some consider him godly?)

Thanks vinteuil for petrichor - perfect for our next walk (given the current weather). I wonder if damp-terrier-smell also has an evocative name...
            Don't know, but "who let the dogs out" might be heard?

Comment

Originally posted by oddoneout View Post
              Don't know, but "who let the dogs out" might be heard?

Comment

Originally posted by LMcD View Post

Aren't Petrophobes the Just Stop Oil lot?

Comment

Originally posted by LMcD View Post

Aren't Petrophobes the Just Stop Oil lot?
                  Electric car owner-drivers.

Comment

Not sure if this was intentional or not but after reporting a disastrous night for the conservatives on the 08.00 news, the next work up was ‘Jupiter - the bringer of jollity​​​​​​’ from The Planets.

Comment

Originally posted by pastoralguy View Post
                      Not sure if this was intentional or not but after reporting a disastrous night for the conservatives on the 08.00 news, the next work up was ‘Jupiter - the bringer of jollity​​​​​​’ from The Planets.

Followed by Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age, for forgetful ex-PMs?

Comment

I'm really enjoying my Breakfast with Hannah French, who's providing just the right amount of information between items, one of which was Geoffrey Bush's Consort Music - not a life-changing musical discovery, perhaps, but pleasant enough.

Comment

It's worth mentioning that 'Consort Music' is a deliberate pastiche of the kind of music Bush imagined Albert Prince Consort would like. If you want something meatier by Geofrey Bush try his 'Music for Orchestra' or his opera 'Lord Arthur Savile's Crime', both on Lyrita CDs.

Comment

Originally posted by smittims View Post
                            It's worth mentioning that 'Consort Music' is a deliberate pastiche of the kind of music Bush imagined Albert Prince Consort would like. If you want something meatier by Geofrey Bush try his 'Music for Orchestra' or his opera 'Lord Arthur Savile's Crime', both on Lyrita CDs.
                            I did wonder whether he had his tongue in his cheek.

Comment

Hannah F just told us we'd been listening to Enescu's 'Roman Rhapsody'........gets really boisterous in those Trastevere pizzerias!

Comment

Originally posted by smittims View Post
                                or his opera 'Lord Arthur Savile's Crime', both on Lyrita CDs.
                                Fascinating. Just read the Oscar Wilde short story a couple of weeks back. Sounds like a good choice for an opera.
                                It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Working...
                                X