Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've bought myself the Beecham box,subtitled 'The Maestro', 10 cds from 1935 to 1955. Does anyone know details of the contents? Quite a few composers listed in the [paper] catalogue I use but hope there are lots of complete works as well as the bits and bobs mentioned.

Is this what people here were posting about sometime ago? Anyway,it's half price now, Thanks for any info.

Comment

Originally posted by salymap View Post
      I've bought myself the Beecham box,subtitled 'The Maestro', 10 cds from 1935 to 1955. Does anyone know details of the contents? Quite a few composers listed in the [paper] catalogue I use but hope there are lots of complete works as well as the bits and bobs mentioned.

Is this what people here were posting about sometime ago? Anyway,it's half price now, Thanks for any info.
      Here are the contents:

Comment

Thanks very much Don Petter. Wow some recordings are older than I am but lots to listen to there.

Comment

Clifford Curzon Edition: The Complete Decca Recordings

Found this 24cd set by chance for €17.43!

This site is new to me and a quick look around suggested that it was quite expensive so this may be a pricing error (where have we seen that before?) Delivery appears to be €3.90 so that's less that £19 overall. Log in requires a dob (why?)

Comment

Originally posted by hafod View Post
            Found this 24cd set by chance for €17.43!

This site is new to me and a quick look around suggested that it was quite expensive so this may be a pricing error (where have we seen that before?) Delivery appears to be €3.90 so that's less that £19 overall. Log in requires a dob (why?)
            Many thanks hafod!

I've given it a go but who knows what will happen? I shall report back

Comment

Ditto as to ordering and thanks again to Hafod. No doubt they'll be mystified at the run on Clifford Curzon tomorrow. Free shipping in France on orders over €25.00 so a terrible temptation to add other items (which I failed to resist, being fundamentally weak-willed). The French are a bit obsessed with "personal identifiers", the easiest one (apart from NI or the equivalent numbers) being DOBs. Just part of the landscape here.

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                Many thanks hafod!

I've given it a go but who knows what will happen? I shall report back
                I hope it works out. I would have had a go myself but already have the four Curzon boxes in the Original Masters series which covers all but (I think) two of the discs.

Comment

Originally posted by hafod View Post
                  I hope it works out. I would have had a go myself but already have the four Curzon boxes in the Original Masters series which covers all but (I think) two of the discs.
                  I have also plunged having very little Curzon......went through the screens OK to say my order has been "recorded" but no email confirmation as yet!

Comment

+1

Well done, hafod. I don't know how you do it but keep 'em coming.
                    Del boy: “Get in, get out, don’t look back. That’s my motto!”

Comment

Can I draw attention to the Dutton / Vocalion thread on the Talking about music forum ?

Comment

Originally posted by HighlandDougie View Post
                        Ditto as to ordering and thanks again to Hafod. No doubt they'll be mystified at the run on Clifford Curzon tomorrow. Free shipping in France on orders over €25.00 so a terrible temptation to add other items (which I failed to resist, being fundamentally weak-willed). The French are a bit obsessed with "personal identifiers", the easiest one (apart from NI or the equivalent numbers) being DOBs. Just part of the landscape here.
                        I have just ordered a Curzon set. My first "bargain" from these pages.

Comment

I am in a state of shock and delight - my Clifford Curzon box order has been accepted at a total of 21.33 euros

It still has to get here, mind

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                            I am in a state of shock and delight - my Clifford Curzon box order has been accepted at a total of 21.33 euros

It still has to get here, mind
                            I was similarly delighted but have now received the "Nous sommes au regret" email saying that there was a pricing error.

Comment

Originally posted by robk View Post
                              I was similarly delighted but have now received the "Nous sommes au regret" email saying that there was a pricing error.
                              Same here, robk ...

Comment

Shame, I was looking forward to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X