Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your package was shipped today. Arriving 12 May - 22 May (swiss post) . What can go wrong?
    My life, each morning when I dress, is four and twenty hours less. (J Richardson)

Comment

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
      I was regretting missing this, but then I discovered I've probably got all of those in the Kubelik Collectors edition box which I had a few years ago.

If you put in a search such as "Mahler Kubelik" on amazon.fr or amazon.de you'll probably find some individual symphonies at really low prices.

Indeed - Kubelik’s Mahler cycle is included in that box, which I bought for next to nothing in 2015 (I think)). Also included are complete Beethoven, Dvorak and Schumannn cycles. Bit of a one-stop shop!

Comment

Originally posted by Conchis View Post
        Indeed - Kubelik’s Mahler cycle is included in that box, which I bought for next to nothing in 2015 (I think)). Also included are complete Beethoven, Dvorak and Schumannn cycles. Bit of a one-stop shop!
        I think there may be a little bit of confusion as to which box is under discussion; I was under the impression it was the box that was at first priced at just above £16.00, which contained all the Mahler symphonies from concerts, by the same orchestra, but with different conductors - none of which as I recall, was Kubelik...

Comment

msg 7338

Indeeed, but I never saw any of the boxes under discussion for £16 or thereabouts. Which ever one it was, it's no longer a bargain.

Comment

msg 7338

Indeeed, but I never saw any of the boxes under discussion for £16 or thereabouts. Which ever one it was, it's no longer a bargain.
            Te set under discussion was/is this one; https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B079ZSSHYV

it was at first available for the £16.00. I didn't take up on it, as I have a fair number of Mahler sets - there has to be a limit!

Comment

msg 7338

Well maybe Various was a clue and no mention of Kubelik, but then its now all wasser under the bridges in the Black Forest!

Comment

Sorry - I heard Kubelik mentioned and his Mahler orchestra and presumed that was the set we were talking about.

At £16.00 the set described was certainly a bargain but I doubt I'd have clicked had I seen it - I've also got too much Mahler.

Comment

MDT's May offers have pretty hefty discounts on the Zig Zag Territoise label.

Comment

MDT have Manze's "The Art of the Violin" (5CDs) at £20.
                    Last edited by Mal; 06-05-18, 14:01.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
                      MDT's May offers have pretty hefty discounts on the Zig Zag Territoise label.
                      Yes, featuring several recordings (and collections) by the superb Amandine Beyer - her terrific Bach I already own, but have taken the opportunity to pick up her Corelli and Vivaldi box (4 CDs for £15.25 - and free postage at the moment). Happy days

Comment

Originally posted by Rolmill View Post
                        Yes, featuring several recordings (and collections) by the superb Amandine Beyer - her terrific Bach I already own, but have taken the opportunity to pick up her Corelli and Vivaldi box (4 CDs for £15.25 - and free postage at the moment). Happy days
                        Hmm. You have just cost me a further £33.10 in addition to the £64.35 I spent earlier.

Comment

NYP box from Amazon .de

£56 delivered

Its about £85 on amazon UK
                          I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

The Telemann Masterworks set is 19.99 Euros currently on that site. Not sure if that's good - but it probably is as I don't expect the postage to the UK will be too expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
                              Hmm. You have just cost me a further £33.10 in addition to the £64.35 I spent earlier.
                              Apologies to your bank manager , but I'd be surprised if either of us is disappointed.

Comment

The Telemann Masterworks set is 19.99 Euros currently on that site. Not sure if that's good - but it probably is as I don't expect the postage to the UK will be too expensive.
                                A big thank you for flagging that up, Dave - I missed it at £17 on the UK site a few weeks ago and have now bagged it. Yes, it's very good, works out at just over £1 a disc, postage included to me here in France. The only downside is the complete lack of notes in the box, but it's more important for me to get such a good selection of works and performances that are missing from my library.

Comment

Working...
                                X