Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A normal disc. The sound quality when the unit works is great, as have all my previous MF units been, but this seems to have been designed by the proverbial moron in a hurry.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzer View Post
      A normal disc. The sound quality when the unit works is great, as have all my previous MF units been, but this seems to have been designed by the proverbial moron in a hurry.
      Seems odd. Might not be anything to do with the CD.
      Have you tried the obvious things. Power off/on. Tilt the unit a bit and maybe bump it very gently. If you get the disc out, make sure its clean and then see if the problem recurs. I once had a brand new unit which got a piece of packing material inside, and it didn't do at all well for a while. I was thinking of sending it back, but then I tilted it up around 30 degrees and tried to run it - and it sprung into life, and was very good after that. Your unit has been working, but has now had a problem. Could be all sorts of things, but it might be something very simple, and it could just be coincidence that it's chosent to malfunction with the new CD.

Comment

Thanks, all noted. It’s a hard drive with a lever that flicks up at its mouth when the disc is loaded, and which lever won’t retract. Have turned on and off, rebooted etc, many times. Apols this is on wrong thread btw. Will now desist

Comment

I had to log in when I saw this. I bought one of these but it wouldn't work at all. It just went back and I bought another make of product.

Comment

Minor bargain on Amazon.de:

Claudio Abbado - The Complete RCA and Sony Recordings
            EUR 26.99

Restocking within a few days, they say.

Comment

Vielen dank

Comment

A couple of decent Per Norgard deals on Amazon (usually around the £13 mark):

Norgard - Symphonies 2 & 6 - Oslo Philharmonic, Stogards (Dacapo) - £6.64

Norgard - Borderlines, Dream Play, Voyage into the Golden Screen, Copenhagen Philharmonic O, Bellincampi (Dacapo)- £4.77

Comment

Originally posted by sgjames View Post
                  A couple of decent Per Norgard deals on Amazon (usually around the £13 mark):

Norgard - Symphonies 2 & 6 - Oslo Philharmonic, Stogards (Dacapo) - £6.64

Norgard - Borderlines, Dream Play, Voyage into the Golden Screen, Copenhagen Philharmonic O, Bellincampi (Dacapo)- £4.77

https://www.amazon.co.uk/N%C3%B8rg%C...s=music&sr=1-5
                  Be very wary. If you try to order the Violin Concerto CD for the supposed £4.77 it transmutes into £17.00 at the checkout.

I note that since posting the above, they have amended the listed Prime price from £4.77 to £17.00. I tried to order at the lower price, twice, and each time it changed to £17.00 at the checkout. Very poor business practice, but then it is Amazon.
                  Last edited by Bryn; 21-05-19, 14:25. Reason: Update

Comment

Chandos Landmarks, 40 years. £48 for a 40 cd box.

Info is a bit thin on the ground, but there is a listing of the works here.
                    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                      ... Presto a bit more informative :

Landmarks: 40 Years of Chandos. Chandos: ANNI0040(40). Buy 40 CDs online. Dmitri Shostakovich Jr. (piano), James Thompson (trumpet), Stephen Hough (piano), Lynne Dawson (soprano), Ian Partridge (tenor), Michael George (bass), Lydia Mordkovitch (violin), Christopher Plummer (narrator), Celia Nicklin (oboe), Ian Watson (organ), Nigel Kennedy (violin), Peter Pettinger...

Comment

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post
                        ... Presto a bit more informative :

Landmarks: 40 Years of Chandos. Chandos: ANNI0040(40). Buy 40 CDs online. Dmitri Shostakovich Jr. (piano), James Thompson (trumpet), Stephen Hough (piano), Lynne Dawson (soprano), Ian Partridge (tenor), Michael George (bass), Lydia Mordkovitch (violin), Christopher Plummer (narrator), Celia Nicklin (oboe), Ian Watson (organ), Nigel Kennedy (violin), Peter Pettinger...

Doh, I meant to post the Presto link !!

No info on the Amazon link at all.
                        I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

Doh, I meant to post the Presto link !!

No info on the Amazon link at all.
                          Even more info here.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
                            Even more info here.
                            Thanks. Funny, I looked on their site last night but must have missed it.

What do you think of the box ?

Comment

Thanks. Funny, I looked on their site last night but must have missed it.

What do you think of the box ?
                              A good, wide-ranging selection. However, it's not for me. I already have nearly all in that set which I might want.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
                                A good, wide-ranging selection. However, it's not for me. I already have nearly all in that set which I might want.
                                Any standout CDs ?

I'm tempted. I don't think I have a box that red on my shelves. ........

Edit...well except the JEG box.........

Comment

Working...
                                X