Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beef Oven! View Post
    For some reason I cannot see either 'radio' or 'internet' on the iTunes homepage. I am using the most up to date version of iTunes. Any ideas?
    You will find them when your iTunes page looks like this:

- click on Music at the top of the left-hand column, and then click on 'Internet' fifth from the left under the apple. Then you can open up whichever category you're after
    "...the isle is full of noises,
    Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
    Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
    Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Or you could just tune into Attention Span 2 and not worry at all.....
      I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
        Or you could just tune into Attention Span 2 and not worry at all.....
        Already done that

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
          You will find them when your iTunes page looks like this:

- click on Music at the top of the left-hand column, and then click on 'Internet' fifth from the left under the apple. Then you can open up whichever category you're after
          Cheers Cali

My iTunes page never looked liked that, until I went into General Preferences and realised that 'Radio' was un-checked!!

All sorted, my iTunes homepage looks remarkably similar to yours now

Comment

Cheers Cali

My iTunes page never looked liked that, until I went into General Preferences and realised that 'Radio' was un-checked!!

All sorted, my iTunes homepage looks remarkably similar to yours now
            Pleasure. I created the 'Radio' playlist bottom left - and I just drag in there the few particular stations I want to return to from the main lists. (There's an option to create a column for the bit-rate of each station, which I find a useful reminder).
            Last edited by Nick Armstrong; 08-01-14, 00:27. Reason: Cheers Beefy....

Comment

Pleasure. I created the 'Radio' playlist bottom left - and I just drag in there the few particular stations I want to return to from the main lists. (There's an option to create a column for the nit-rate of each station, which I find a useful reminder).
              Hope I don't get nits

And OMG!!! How did we live without the airport???!!!!

Been listening to FM1's Baroque station and the sound quality!!!????

Comment

nits
                Ooops.

Been listening to FM1's Baroque station and the sound quality!!!????
                Which one's that?

Comment

Ooops.

Which one's that?
                  Hard to find now, there's thousands of stations!!

Under classical, go to 'B' and look for "All Baroque Music (1.FM TM) 1.FM's Baroque channel"

Comment

BIRDSONG on JazzFM

Has anyone noticed that JazzFM on DAB (in NW England) has started broadcasting Birdsong continuously, and even named the station Birdsong?
                    Messiaen would have liked it, maybe.

Comment

A friend on the south coast bought a dab radio to listen to Jazz FM only to find that the station was closing down.
                      Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Beresford View Post
                        Has anyone noticed that JazzFM on DAB (in NW England) has started broadcasting Birdsong continuously, and even named the station Birdsong?
                        Another one imitating CFM?

Comment

Originally posted by Don Petter View Post
                          Another one imitating CFM?
                          I was thinking more about all the damned twittering on Breakfast...

Comment

I was thinking more about all the damned twittering on Breakfast...
                            I was, of course, referring to the birdsong used by CFM before they went 'live' in 1992.

I hadn't realised that, judging by this Wiki entry, the 'Birdsong' station currently replacing JazzFM does, in fact, use exactly the same recording from a Wiltshire garden.

During the station's test transmissions between July and September 1992, Classic FM broadcast a continuous soundtrack of birds singing and other countryside sounds. The "birdsong" test transmissions became a famous landmark of British radio and attracted many newspaper articles and comment prior to the station's launch, including one live comment during BBC Radio 4's Test Match Special when commentator Brian Johnston referred to listening to the birdsong, much to the fury of BBC management who were fearful of Classic FM's impending launch.

The birdsong recording was made in the Wiltshire garden of the station's chief engineer who is also credited with the idea of using the soundtrack as test material rather than playing back to back music which would otherwise have been expected. Consequently, the sound and style of the station remained a complete mystery to listeners, critics and rivals alike until it launched at 6am on 7 September 1992. This birdsong recording could later be heard on the temporary DAB station "Birdsong", which replaced Oneword when it closed down.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Petter View Post
                              I was, of course, referring to the birdsong used by CFM before they went 'live' in 1992.
                              And I was, of course, being a smart aleck and indulging in a cheap (cheep cheep) jeu de mots...

Comment

And I was, of course, being a smart aleck and indulging in a cheap (cheep cheep) jeu de mots...
                                yes, well please don't bother sending the bill.....
                                I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

Working...
                                X