Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarkG View Post
    As an alternative to Radio 3's current Saturday afternoon programming, this afternoon have been listening to Radio Klassik Stephansdom (Austria).
    Grateful thanks. Currently they are broadcasting Emil Gilels, Beethoven's Hammerklavier sonata.

Comment

I sometimes use a mobile phone app, Undok, to control the various outputs of my digital receiver, including, of course, internet radio stations, Spotify etc. I have only just discovered that there is a Windows app that does the same thing for my laptop. Very usable with a pleasantly designed interface. Called Radio Remote.
      Last edited by gurnemanz; 22-04-20, 13:59.

Comment

Originally posted by gurnemanz View Post
        I sometimes use a mobile phone app, Undok, to control the various outputs of my digital receiver, including, of course, internet radio stations, Spotify etc. I have only just discovered that there is a Windows app that does the same thing for my laptop. Very usable with a pleasantly designed interface. Called Radio Remote.
        I use Undok a lot ( I have the same Hama unit as you and a Roberts stream93i which is based on the same software) and your posted prompted me to download this. I remember now I have tried before but It cannot detect devices. Have you had this issue?

Comment

Originally posted by cmr_for3 View Post
          I use Undok a lot ( I have the same Hama unit as you and a Roberts stream93i which is based on the same software) and your posted prompted me to download this. I remember now I have tried before but It cannot detect devices. Have you had this issue?
          Sorry. Late reply! Both work generally fine but I find the Windows app to be more stable than Undok which sometimes dithers a bit.

Latest internet radio discovery is New Sounds which describes itself as: "New York Public Radio’s home for the musically curious." Intelligent, eclectic selection. Listening now before Radio Three clicks in with CotW.

https://www.newsounds.org/livestream

Comment

Originally posted by gurnemanz View Post
            Sorry. Late reply! Both work generally fine but I find the Windows app to be more stable than Undok which sometimes dithers a bit.

Latest internet radio discovery is New Sounds which describes itself as: "New York Public Radio’s home for the musically curious." Intelligent, eclectic selection. Listening now before Radio Three clicks in with CotW.

https://www.newsounds.org/livestream
            Nice find Many thanks. Interesting history of the show.

Direct streams here if they are useful.

WNYC is America's most listened-to public radio station and the producer of award-winning programs and podcasts like Radiolab, On the Media, and The Brian Lehrer Show.

Comment

Since I am from Ukraine, I really like Internet radio with Ukrainian hits. I advise everyone that Ukrainian is very melodic.

https://play.tavr.media/hitfm/ukr/

Comment

Originally posted by kennystone View Post
                Since I am from Ukraine, I really like Internet radio with Ukrainian hits. I advise everyone that Ukrainian is very melodic.

https://play.tavr.media/hitfm/ukr/
                Oh yes.
                Is it true that a lot of the hits are in the Kiev, Eh?
                I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

Try this classical online site to cheer, challenge, educate.

Because...............

does anyone get as fed up as I do by the apparently endless 3rd rate, tediously predictable, undemanding 'Music while you Work' Baroque, or 'don't disturb the horses' Haydn symphonies on R3 as I do? Both regular fillers on the prog.

Comment

Originally posted by DracoM View Post
                    does anyone get as fed up as I do by the apparently endless 3rd rate, tediously predictable, undemanding 'Music while you Work' Baroque, or 'don't disturb the horses' Haydn symphonies on R3 as I do? Both regular fillers on the prog.
                    No - I like both of those! It's when they play something which is neither classical or jazz that irks me somewhat

Comment

https://areena.yle.fi/audio/ohjelmat/yle-klassinen

Because...............

I don’t have problem with those BUT there are other off-switch triggers - minimalist monotonies, diddly fiddles (usually Scottish or Irish violin music, but also pipes), warbling and wobbly sopranos, off-key, not quite right harmonies and a few other things but then I suppose the delivery from R3 nowadays in trying to please all pleases none all of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                        I don’t have problem with those BUT there are other off-switch triggers - minimalist monotonies, diddly fiddles (usually Scottish or Irish violin music, but also pipes), warbling and wobbly sopranos

With you 100%
                        "...the isle is full of noises,
                        Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                        Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                        Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

https://areena.yle.fi/audio/ohjelmat/yle-klassinen

Because...............

I used to get fed up with much more than that but not anymore
                          I don't listen to Radio 3 live at all, I prefer to cherry pick full works from through the night, lunchtime concerts and such and listen/download via Sounds
                          That's a super radio station you've highlighted there, I do listen to that quite often
                          “Music is the best means we have of digesting time." — Igor Stravinsky

Comment

Originally posted by Edgy 2 View Post
                            I used to get fed up with much more than that but not anymore
                            I don't listen to Radio 3 live at all, I prefer to cherry pick full works from through the night, lunchtime concerts and such and listen/download via Sounds
                            That's a super radio station you've highlighted there, I do listen to that quite often
                            It most certainly is.

Here, I enjoy France Musique, very much, and occasionlly dip into the Dutch classical music station.

Comment

Originally posted by Edgy 2 View Post
                              I That's a super radio station you've highlighted there, I do listen to that quite often
                              Agreed. It's my go-to station in the mornings to avoid EC.

Comment

Originally posted by hmvman View Post
                                Agreed. It's my go-to station in the mornings to avoid EC.
                                Yup - me too.

Comment

Working...
                                X