• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by antongould View Post
    Or pressed men even ......

A J to connect

Lenny
    Hamlet’s March &
    B.H. Broughton

Thanks anton - Only just gone on to the Forum - had a busy day with some of the home-based projects - I'll have 19 things on my CV by then end of this!

I'm OK with LB and can volunteer a trumpet from JC but no lead on BHB!

Comment

B.H. Broughton racehorse out of Zachariah (Jeremiah)
      Bernstein Jeremiah Symphony
      Jeremiah Clarke Prince of Denmark's March

Comment

Originally posted by LMcD View Post
        B.H. Broughton racehorse out of Zachariah (Jeremiah)
        Bernstein Jeremiah Symphony
        Jeremiah Clarke Prince of Denmark's March
        You need to go to the movies rather than the races ....

Comment

Bruce Harold b1945

Comment

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
            Bruce Harold b1945
            ...composed the music for the 1998 film 'Jeremiah'.

Comment

...composed the music for the 1998 film 'Jeremiah'.
              I didn't understand the supposed racehorse connection.
              Even if it's wrong, can you tell us how you found it and what it is/was?

Hope you're knuckling down and working on a new poser for us.

Comment

Originally posted by Pulcinella View Post
                I didn't understand the supposed racehorse connection.
                Even if it's wrong, can you tell us how you found it and what it is/was?

Hope you're knuckling down and working on a new poser for us.
                This was inspired (?) by a reference to a report in Vol. 36 of the Sporting Magazine which included the phrase ''b.h. boughton'. Zachariah (Jeremiah) is also mentioned. It turns out that 'b.h.' means that the horse trained on the race track in question, i.e. it was running on its home track, and started as favourite.
                I did have a lot of help with this, not least from my friend in Cornwall. I'm happy to work on a 'K' this afternoon - after all, I shan't be going anywhere but if anybody else wants to have a go I'm also happy to step gracefully aside. I'll check in again after lunch.

Comment

This was inspired (?) by a reference to a report in Vol. 36 of the Sporting Magazine which included the phrase ''b.h. boughton'. Zachariah (Jeremiah) is also mentioned. It turns out that 'b.h.' means that the horse trained on the race track in question, i.e. it was running on its home track, and started as favourite.
                  I did have a lot of help with this, not least from my friend in Cornwall. I'm happy to work on a 'K' this afternoon - after all, I shan't be going anywhere but if anybody else wants to have a go I'm also happy to step gracefully aside. I'll check in again after lunch.
                  Here we go then:

What K is associated with:

(i) an imaginary being (balletic)
                  (ii) the deadly daughter of a magician
                  (iii) a woman who is thought of as a mammal that needs to be brought under control?
                  Last edited by Pulcinella; 24-03-20, 15:22. Reason: Clue (ii) refined/clarified.

Comment

Here we go then:

What K is associated with:

(i) an imaginary being (balletic)
                    (ii) a deathly operatic princess
                    (iii) a woman who is thought of as a mammal that needs to be brought under control?
                    Thanks, Pulcinella. I might have a preliminary ponder after 'Countdown'.

Comment

Thanks, Pulcinella. I might have a preliminary ponder after 'Countdown'.
                      I've refined clue (ii)!

Comment

I've refined clue (ii)!
                        No 'Countdown' today - a key part of our socially responsible schedule!

Comment

I think we may all have other things to think about than AA, but here are a few hints to help get this one solved, and perhaps then we then go into abeyance again.

My K is a four-letter word, both noun and verb.
                          Something that would not be advisable to do (verb) or to give or receive (noun) at present.

The works all have only three words in their (English version, in the case of the ballet) titles.

Comment

I think we may all have other things to think about than AA, but here are a few hints to help get this one solved, and perhaps then we then go into abeyance again.

Something that would not be advisable to do (verb) or to give or receive (noun) at present.

The works all have only three words in their (English version, in the case of the ballet) titles.
                            The Fairy's Kiss?

Comment

May I offer a fairy's kiss?

Comment

The Fairy's Kiss?

Two more to go.

Comment

Working...
                                X