No announcement yet.
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beaten to it! Thanks, LMcD. That comes of watching our Strictly recording on the TV instead of concentrating on AA
    Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Originally posted by LMcD View Post
      Well .... I found a recipe for 'Coleslaw Staccato', of which I'd never heard, but it appears that I have stumbled on the correct answer ...
      Anyway, if I may, I invite you to find a T that links Beethoven, Hoddinott, Holmboe, Rihm and Zwilich (among others).
      When AA first started we normally worked from Triples.

Comment

Originally posted by subcontrabass View Post
        When AA first started we normally worked from Triples.
        I'm not sure whether you're commenting on the format of the question or you've sussed out the answer - it it's the latter, please elaborate! (If it's the former, any 3 of the 5 will lead you to the answer, but I'd rather leave Beethoven in as people might like to encounter a former PM on their way to the solution).
        Last edited by LMcD; 09-12-19, 10:28.

Comment

I'm not sure whether you're commenting on the format of the question or you've sussed out the answer - it it's the latter, please elaborate!
          Any 3 of the 5 will lead you to the same solution.
          All wrote a Triple Concerto for Violin, Cello, Piano, and Orchestra.

Comment

All wrote a Triple Concerto for Violin, Cello, Piano, and Orchestra.

Over to U!

Comment

Over to U!
              Can you find a U to link a saintly lady, Joseph's younger brother, and Hallé's successor?

Comment

Can you find a U to link a saintly lady, Joseph's younger brother, and Hallé's successor?
                Ursula ...... ????

Comment

Originally posted by antongould View Post
                  Ursula ...... ????

Details?

Comment

Details?
                    About to go for a saunter down Dame Judi Dench Walk subs so I will attempt to obey Anna’s Law on my return if that’s OK .... ????

Comment

Details?
                      Michael Haydn gave the world Missa in honorem Sancta Ursulae which I think means Saintly Ursula and Halle’s successor Frederic Hymen Cowen wrote St. Ursula in 1881 .........

Comment

Michael Haydn gave the world Missa in honorem Sancta Ursulae which I think means Saintly Ursula and Halle’s successor Frederic Hymen Cowen wrote St. Ursula in 1881 .........
                        And the third link to Saint Ursula?

Comment

And the third link to Saint Ursula?

....... I somehow knew you were going to say that subs ..... I appeal to the other players .........

Comment

Another thing - has anyone any tidings of mercia ...... reluctant setter of hundreds of excellent associations ... ????

Comment

....... I somehow knew you were going to say that subs ..... I appeal to the other players .........
                              Who could be described as a "sainly lady" among composers?

Comment

Who could be described as a "saintly lady" among composers?
                                Hildegard von Bingen: : Cum Vox Sanguinis, hymn for Saint Ursula & her Companions

... and a special mention for there having been no reference to Ralph Vaughan Williams.

I think the Carpaccio of the Dream of St Ursula was a particular favourite of Ruskin -

Last edited by vinteuil; 09-12-19, 17:33.

Comment

Working...
                                X