X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
    My cucumbers have germinated.
    Is that a euphemism?

I was investigating the prospect of online shopping at Tesco yesterday (earliest delivery slot 6th April) and for some reason ended up on the page to buy a cucumber - some very strange entries in the reviews, I must say!

OG

Comment

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
      My cucumbers have germinated.
      You didn't get them for a snip then?

Comment

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post

Comment

Iroincally, it seems that nitrogen dioxide pollution levels have dropped markedly since the start of coronavirus. Some are now on the lookout in areas of high infection for high temperature spikes resulting from this, other seriously suggesting this as an opportune moment for period drama productions to go ahead, the drop in air travel having reduced the incidence of give-away contrails (vapour trails)!

Comment

I’ll tell you to-marrow........
            I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

Iroincally, it seems that nitrogen dioxide pollution levels have dropped markedly since the start of coronavirus. Some are now on the lookout in areas of high infection for high temperature spikes resulting from this, other seriously suggesting this as an opportune moment for period drama productions to go ahead, the drop in air travel having reduced the incidence of give-away contrails (vapour trails)!
              The Guardian has been running some 'before and after' photos, one pair of which showed the pollution difference - 4th image down on here https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...s-then-and-now

Comment

This popped up on my email this morning:

Dr Bill Frankland, the grandfather of allergy, celebrates his 108th birthday

https://www.imperial.ac.uk/news/1962...mni%20at%20108

What a remarkable man!
                "I do not approve of anything that tampers with natural ignorance. Ignorance is like a delicate exotic fruit; touch it and the bloom is gone. The whole theory of modern education is radically unsound. Fortunately in England, at any rate, education produces no effect whatsoever. If it did, it would prove a serious danger to the upper classes, and probably lead to acts of violence in Grosvenor Square."
                Lady Bracknell The importance of Being Earnest

Comment

....from the artist that is now called "...."....grandchild Miles Ernest....lovely....
                  bong ching

Comment

The National Centre for Early Music, here in York, where we were due to hold our concert on 28 March, is streaming two live concerts tomorrow:

Comment

....Eastenders set and cast put into mothballs....HOORAY....
                      bong ching

Comment

Originally posted by Pulcinella View Post
                        The National Centre for Early Music, here in York, where we were due to hold our concert on 28 March, is streaming two live concerts tomorrow:

http://www.ncem.co.uk/
                        thanks for that.

A couple of things. It would be good if people putting on these virtual events made it easy to donate, for those in a position to help out.

Also, there seem to be concerns about capacity on the WWW with so much of this stuff happening, with evening peaks or particular concern. I wonder if putting in place a facility to download at quieter times, again where possible, would be a help.

Not meant as negatives, just comments on the current context !!
                        I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

IMHO the cancellation or postponement of the Olympics would be good news. Our son lives in Japan and tells us that public opinion is shifting against holding the games this year but he fears the the American TV networks will lean on the organizers to let them take place as scheduled.

Comment

Spring is sprung....

The spring equinox, or vernal equinox, has already happened: [see correction]

... the grass is, er, rizzing.

Edit: The spring equinox 2020 occurred on Friday 20 March at 03.49am GMT.
                            Last edited by kernelbogey; 21-03-20, 13:55.

Comment

I got my ESL63 back today, fixed and ready to play. Hip Hip Hooray.

Comment

Originally posted by kernelbogey View Post
                                Spring is sprung....

The spring equinox, or vernal equinox, has already happened, at 2249 CDT yesterday Thursday, March 19. Earliest in 124 years.

... the grass is, er, rizzing.
                                Yes but it would have been the 20th if there hadn’t been a Feb 29th this year! I wonder how many other early ones have been in leapyears!

Comment

Working...
                                X