X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A good laugh.

Comment

"...the isle is full of noises,
      Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
      Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
      Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Recent momentous breaking news in Nature (the leading science journal):

This Just Revealed:
        the Secret to the Legendary Memory of Elephants

Post-it Notes!
        The little devils have been using Post-its for the past 100 million years. Explains everything!

Comment

Originally posted by arthroceph View Post
          Recent momentous breaking news in Nature (the leading science journal):

This Just Revealed:
          the Secret to the Legendary Memory of Elephants

Post-it Notes!
          The little devils have been using Post-its for the past 100 million years. Explains everything!
          With all due respect arthroceph, everyone knows that Elephants don't like penguins...essentially, of course, because they can't get the wrappers off...so how are they supposed to get post-it leaflets off those sticky pads, never mind getting the sellophane wrapper off a pack o' dem ...I think you'll have to come up with something else. I thought it was maybe because they were good at tying knots in hankies.

Comment

Quote of the week: Barry Humphries, a guest at the grisly wedding of Jerry Hall and Rupert Murdoch yesterday, when asked what he'd given them as a present...

"David Beckham and a pair of jump leads"

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
              Quote of the week: Barry Humphries, a guest at the grisly wedding of Jerry Hall and Rupert Murdoch yesterday, when asked what he'd given them as a present...

Yes, I saw that on the news. Very naughty but very funny.

Comment

Mrs. PG and I had a dinner party recently for all our friends and relatives we'd not seen for ages. Since a few of them have children we decided it would be easier if the invitation included children. All through the meal, my four year old niece sat and looked at me intently, not saying anything. I checked my chin and my shirt to make sure I'd not dribbled but couldn't find anything that might give her cause for such attention. I'd tried to engage her in conversation to no avail.

Eventually, the whole table became aware of the stand off between us and waited with baited breath while my sister asked her 'Why are you staring at uncle PG?'

She replied
                'I'm waiting to see when he drinks like fish!'

Comment

Originally posted by pastoralguy View Post
                  Mrs. PG and I had a dinner party recently for all our friends and relatives we'd not seen for ages. Since a few of them have children we decided it would be easier if the invitation included children. All through the meal, my four year old niece sat and looked at me intently, not saying anything. I checked my chin and my shirt to make sure I'd not dribbled but couldn't find anything that might give her cause for such attention. I'd tried to engage her in conversation to no avail.

Eventually, the whole table became aware of the stand off between us and waited with baited breath while my sister asked her 'Why are you staring at uncle PG?'

She replied
                  'I'm waiting to see when he drinks like fish!'

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post

Thus spake a good Sorabji fan!

Comment

I weighed myself this morning. I'm two stones lighter!

Comment

Excellent, Caliban.

Barry Humphries is a nasty piece of work, being a deeply racist and bigoted individual as well as an ultra-conservative (the latter presumably being one reason why he was invited to that unspeakable event), but he hit the spot with that comment. A stopped clock is right twice a day I guess...

Comment

Some of these are funny - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comedy/co...s/funny-jokes/

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Beef Oven! View Post
                              [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
                                Oh, but how UNfunny that is when one considers Schönberg's attitudes towards tonality and the traditions that he respected and followed! I cannot quite imagine Schönberg requesting a gin anyway (well, his loss, one might suppose) but the prospect that he would not appreciate either the counterpoint between gin and tonic or the harmonies to which the two together could give rise seems to me to be woefully lacking in credibility.

Comment

Working...
                                X