Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by charles t View Post
    Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic who was up all night pondering the existence of

Dog?
    'Dyslexia rules ko?'
    "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

Originally posted by Petrushka View Post
      'Dyslexia rules ko?'
      Dyslexics of the world untie!

Comment

As someone who suffers from dyslexia, I was wondering if jokes were allowed about other groups. Or is it only allowed in the case of groups that don't have a strong voice and political clout? Or is it that some afflictions are funny, and others aren't?

I don't want the dyslexia jokes to stop, I can see the funny side and personally I don't give a fcuk, I was just wondering about the 'rules of engagement'.

Comment

The lures of enragement?

Comment

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
            The lures of enragement?
            That's what I said!!?

Comment

Women of different nationalities were interviewed and ask to say what was the first thing they said after making love.

The French woman said " Ah! Cherie! Magnifique! Encore! Encore!"

The American woman said " Say honey, that was swell! What did you say your name was ? "

The English woman said " Do you feel better now, Charles ? "

Comment

Hello Beef Oven et al,

Just to be serious for a moment; my own feeling is that pretty-well everything can be a humour subject _if_the_result_is_funny_ but at the same time I wouldn't want to cause any offence - my early attempts on here were a bit apologetic until I'd got an idea of the audience. Some subjects are just too, ermm, overbearing to be joked about, Private Eye apart sometimes although usually their jokes are comments rather than humour.

Probably many of us have problems which get joked about, I do and I also crack them - the thing is to keep the joke at arm's length from the sufferer but I realise that that can be easier to say than to do. Perhaps there could be an indexing system - if a joke begins with a D) for instance, those with dyslexia will know to skip it.

All these Great War thoughts at present bring to mind the black humour from that period which helped to make life less unbearable...

Regards Ant

Comment

Originally posted by Beef Oven! View Post
                  As someone who suffers from dyslexia, I was wondering if jokes were allowed about other groups. Or is it only allowed in the case of groups that don't have a strong voice and political clout? Or is it that some afflictions are funny, and others aren't?

I don't want the dyslexia jokes to stop, I can see the funny side and personally I don't give a fcuk, I was just wondering about the 'rules of engagement'.
                  I can sympathise but the world will be terribly short of jokes if we had to rule out upsetting one group of people or another. I am very short (5' 2'' soaking wet) and have had all the jokes and usual nicknames about it for most of my life, many of the jokes coming from me! A reasonably thick skin is a distinct advantage but as my mother used to say 'laugh and the world laughs with you, cry and you cry alone'.

Comment

I can sympathise but the world will be terribly short of jokes if we had to rule out upsetting one group of people or another. I am very short (5' 2'' soaking wet) and have had all the jokes and usual nicknames about it for most of my life, many of the jokes coming from me! A reasonably thick skin is a distinct advantage but as my mother used to say 'laugh and the world laughs with you, cry and you cry alone'.
                    Agreed. But, I was not looking to rule out any jokes, I was looking for licence to get going on all groups, not just the easy targets.

Comment

Agreed. But, I was not looking to rule out any jokes, I was looking for licence to get going on all groups, not just the easy targets.

Comment

I'd PIKU to take charge of adherence to those rules any day!

Comment

Originally posted by ahinton View Post
                          I'd PIKU to take charge of adherence to those rules any day!
                          Hoots mon!!! You are talking about the UKIP again!!!

You're addicted!!

Obsessed with the UKIP!!!

Comment

Anyone who remembers the student rag mags from the 1970s will be dismayed at the timidity shown nowadays by comics and joke merchants. There was no stopping jokes about any subject at all and re-reading them now I think that many would be regarded as taboo, especially jokes about immigrants, gays, various disabilities and the Irish (or is this last still admitted??).

Comment

... and the Irish (or is this last still admitted??).
                              As long as it's a Corker, they always go Down well even though they're beyond the Pale. The Irish are Galways good for a joke and you're assured of Dublin over with laughter. Kerry On joking...

Comment

My mate's mum is from Ireland and his dad's from India.

I reckon he's corkasian

Comment

Working...
                                X