No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post

Do you happen to be one of the Moonies?
    I didn't have to divulge exactly which part of the anatomy the spots inhabited, S_A.

Comment

Putin invites a group of students to ask him a question on absolutely any subject.
      A rather nervous Igor asks him 'Why did you annex Crimea and why did you invade Ukraine?'
      At this point the dinner bell rings. The students file out.
      When the students return, Putin repeats his invitation.
      An emboldened Igor asks him 'Why did you annex Crimea, why did you invade Ukraine, why was our lunch cold AGAIN and why does Olga prefer Dimitri to me?''

Comment

I bumped into one of my friends earlier in Asda. She told me she was annoyed at all the budget leaks, as it has completely ruined the element of disappointment.

Comment

I am making dinner tonight and I just ordered a chicken and an egg on Amazon. I’ll let you know which arrives first.

Speaking of food purchases, how much does a Pirate pay for corn? A buck an ear

Comment

Two different definitions of 'webtoon' on this afternoon's 'Countdown'
            Susie Dent: an animated cartoon shown on line
            Rory Bremner: where spiders live in Newcastle.

Comment

Originally posted by LMcD View Post
              Two different definitions of 'webtoon' on this afternoon's 'Countdown'
              Susie Dent: an animated cartoon shown on line
              Rory Bremner: where spiders live in Newcastle.

Comment

Not a joke, but Mark Steel doing George Galloway on this weeks' 'News Quiz' on BBC Radio 4 was hilarious. It's about fifteen minutes in.
                Listen without limits, with BBC Sounds. Catch the latest music tracks, discover binge-worthy podcasts, or listen to radio shows – all whenever you want

Comment

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
                  Not a joke, but Mark Steel doing George Galloway on this weeks' 'News Quiz' on BBC Radio 4 was hilarious. It's about fifteen minutes in.
                  https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m001wy2d
                  Indeed it was, from our local lefty comedian! And it was also a considerable upping of the really funny quotient following several weeks when so-called right-wing "satirists" such as Geoff Northcott, who never really cut it, had raised only forced audience applause. I couldn't help feeling that the inclusion of Mark was down to it being the final in this run of The News Quiz.

Comment

From today's Private Eye

Michael Sheen opens in new play about the birth of the NHS.

If you want to see it, there's a long waiting list.

Comment

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
                      https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m001wy2d
                      Yes, and I think Andy Zaltzman said something like it made the whole series worthwhile.

And btw Martin Handley did a not bad impression of Clint Eastwood in Sunday Breakfast, too.

Comment

Originally posted by gurnemanz View Post
                        From today's Private Eye

Michael Sheen opens in new play about the birth of the NHS.

If you want to see it, there's a long waiting list.

Comment

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post

Indeed it was, from our local lefty comedian! And it was also a considerable upping of the really funny quotient following several weeks when so-called right-wing "satirists" such as Geoff Northcott, who never really cut it, had raised only forced audience applause. I couldn't help feeling that the inclusion of Mark was down to it being the final in this run of The News Quiz.
                          I thought Geoff Norcott (same chap?) did a good job on BBC2 last night when he addressed the question of the value of a university education.

Comment

Originally posted by LMcD View Post

I thought Geoff Norcott (same chap?) did a good job on BBC2 last night when he addressed the question of the value of a university education.
                            Ah, see, I missed that! Yep, same chap.

Comment

A letter in today's Times:

Sir, As parrots have been allocated the collective noun of “pandemonium” (letter, Mar 15), may I propose that a group of parakeets be referred to as a polyphony?
                              Tom Stubbs
                              Surbiton, Surrey​

Comment

... for those who have tried to follow instructions for caramelising onions -

Comment

Working...
                                X