This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
    You could always play ahinton's 2 1/4 hour string quintet (see 'Quintets' thread)

Comment

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
      The silence, being defeaning, I could oFFer to Fill the void!
      Go on then, Cloughie. Do your worst. You know you want to. (He said, regretting it almost immediately...)

Comment

Originally posted by rubbernecker View Post
        Go on then, Cloughie. Do your worst. You know you want to. (He said, regretting it almost immediately...)
        An F linking New Zealand, Scotland and 60s Prog.

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
          You could always play ahinton's 2 1/4 hour string quintet (see 'Quintets' thread)
          Or Sorabji's Opus clavicembalisticum - that should keep you going until bed-time
          Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Has anyone ever listened to Clav Bal? Dedicated "To the everlasting glory of those few men blessed and sanctified in the curses and execrations of those many whose praise is eternal damnation."

As he apparently wrote to a friend: "With a wracking head and literally my whole body shaking as with ague I write this and tell you I have just this afternoon early finished Clavicembalisticum... The closing 4 pages are so cataclysmic and catastrophic as anything I've ever done — the harmony bites like nitric acid — the counterpoint grinds like the mills of God..."

Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

60s Prog.
              And what the F is that supposed to mean? Progressive rock? A TV programme? Bath salts...???

Comment

I suspect that Sorabji had Asperger's (cf the "music education" thread).
                Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

And what the F is that supposed to be? Progressive rock? A TV programme? Bath salts...???
                  I do try to keep the links musical!

Comment

I do try to keep the links musical!
                    That's very laudable of you. Thanks

Comment

Progressive rock bands of the 1960s included The Moody Blues (1964), Pink Floyd (1965), Soft Machine (1966), Barclay James Harvest (1966), Gong (1967), Genesis (1967), Jethro Tull (1967), The Nice (1967), Procol Harum (1967), The United States of America (1967), Van der Graaf Generator (1967), Yes (1968), Rush (1968), Caravan (1968), King Crimson (1969), Supertramp (1969), and Gentle Giant (1969).

We will be here until tea-time. Help!!!
                      Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Matthew Fisher played the organ on "A Whiter Shade of Pale" by Procol Harum.
                        There are plenty of Fishermen in Scotland and Nez.

QED.
                        Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Flay View Post
                          Progressive rock bands of the 1960s included The Moody Blues (1964), Pink Floyd (1965), Soft Machine (1966), Barclay James Harvest (1966), Gong (1967), Genesis (1967), Jethro Tull (1967), The Nice (1967), Procol Harum (1967), The United States of America (1967), Van der Graaf Generator (1967), Yes (1968), Rush (1968), Caravan (1968), King Crimson (1969), Supertramp (1969), and Gentle Giant (1969).

We will be here until tea-time. Help!!!
                          A three-piece, originally unaccompanied folk group!

Comment

Originally posted by Flay View Post
                            "With a wracking head and literally my whole body shaking as with ague I write this and tell you I have just this afternoon ...
                            ... toyed joylessly with Faust, Fripp, Free, Fruupp and various Flowers (discounting Foxtrot, as that's 70s)

Comment

The New Zealand and Scotland links are connected with the F and not connected with Prog!

Comment

... toyed joylessly with Faust, Fripp, Free, Fruupp and various Flowers (discounting Foxtrot, as that's 70s)
                                None of them!

Comment

Working...
                                X