X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post
    * very much your Gemini
    Of course, I don't believe all this Zodiac nonsense for a moment .... Hmm, Gemini? Well ........ maybe there is something in it? Felicitations when the day does arrive and you get your Bus Pass you can go and visit Caliban on the N148 omnibus!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
      Of course, I don't believe all this Zodiac nonsense for a moment .... Hmm, Gemini? Well ........ maybe there is something in it? Felicitations when the day does arrive and you get your Bus Pass you can go and visit Caliban on the N148 omnibus!!!!
      Watch it!

Comment

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
        Watch it!
        Watch what? Sniping at Geminis? You should see how I dislike Taureans!! Sorry cloughie, this has got a bit hijacked. Shall be begin again at the beginning?

Something that Delius (Bradford) wrote links an obscure rock band from Canterbury and a mystical number 148, which is not Psalm 148. I think I have got that right? Everyone clear about this?

Comment

Watch what? Sniping at Geminis?
          You never know who the gun is pointing at, there's often at least one in the crowd!

Comment

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
            You never know who the gun is pointing at, there's often at least one in the crowd!
            Oh, I really do not hope that clue is what I am thinking it is ............ I'm off now.
            Edit: I think I got it wrong, sorry.
            Last edited by Guest; 17-04-12, 18:34.

Comment

Felicitations when the day does arrive and you get your Bus Pass you can go and visit Caliban on the N148 omnibus!!!!
              General birthday congrats to all whom it may concern!
              "...the isle is full of noises,
              Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
              Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
              Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Same from me too.

Back to the N. If it is North (Hatfield and the proverbial), then we have Delius: North Country Sketches.

But 148 has got me completely foxed...
                Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
                  General birthday congrats to all whom it may concern!
                  salymap tomorrow.
                  [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by Flay View Post
                    Hatfield and the North? National Health?
                    Did Flay get a response here? Or did he have Egg on his face?
                    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

I'm still sweating over this....

148 = Dunbar's number - a suggested cognitive limit to the number of people with whom one can maintain stable social relationships.

Sonnet 148: "O me! What eyes hath love put in my head..."

The atomic number of an element temporarily called unquadioctium (Unquadoctium is the temporary, systematic element name for the transactinide element having the atomic number 148 and temporary element symbol Uqo).

And a bus route! Where to now?
                      Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

While I'm at it, I have realised that we never actually finished my marvellous L by using the recently passed Anna's law.

<<The first L could have gone nuclear if not for the composer of a work including the second L, which could have gone royal. The third Ls could have lived for ever with a violinist, but didn't. >>

Justin Lavender - a tenor who left nuclear science for music at the behest of Pears and Britten.
                        Lavender's Blue - sung in Britten's The Turn of the Screw (royal as in "shall be king & queen").
                        Ladies in Lavender - where a Polish violinist who had been on his way to America was shipwrecked, washed-up and nurtured back to health by Judi Dench and Maggie Smith. He went on to leave them without saying goodbye, although later repaid their kindness. Debussy's "The Girl With Flaxen Hair" featured. I though he had played it, but cloughie assures us that it was the theme tune. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0377084/fullcredits#cast

I'm glad I've got that out of my system
                        Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Here's me prattling away. I forgot that Bruckner 8 was on just now!!!
                          Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Where to now?

Shepherd's Bush!

L of a nice finish Anna-style

I'm writing you a PM about Bruckner 8

Comment

I'm still sweating over this....148 = Dunbar's number - a suggested cognitive limit to the number of people with whom one can maintain stable social relationships.
                              Exactly, my thoughts! Wow! But, maintaining 148 stable relationships ..... 148 is just so atomic as a number! Love it, it's positively nuclear in its intensity of feeling.
                              While I'm at it, I have realised that we never actually finished my marvellous L by using the recently passed Anna's law
                              Well, sometimes a School Prefect has to lay down the Law!
                              And all this, and Bruckner too (or eight)
                              Oh, don't make a fuss, just get on the bus ..... you'll love it

Comment

Exactly, my thoughts! Wow! But, maintaining 148 stable relationships ..... 148 is just so atomic as a number! Love it, it's positively nuclear in its intensity of feeling.

Well, sometimes a School Prefect has to lay down the Law!
                                And all this, and Bruckner too (or eight)
                                Oh, don't make a fuss, just get on the bus ..... you'll love it

You're associating freely this evening, Anna!!

Co-Op Finest Semillon getting the synapses crackling?
                                Last edited by Nick Armstrong; 17-04-12, 21:44. Reason: Shocking grammatical lapse...

Comment

Working...
                                X