X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Concerto Popolare. Yvonne Arnaud, Hoffnung. I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
      Concerto Popolare. Yvonne Arnaud, Hoffnung. I think.
      <dohdoesn'tcoveritemoticon>!
      Eponymous Theatre in said city. (I saw a production of Berkoff's adaptation of Kafka's Metamorphosis there years ago!

Off to rescue a lasagne from burning. Shall return with an S in due course (or, after two courses) - unless anyone wants to leap in with a handy puzzler?
      [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
        Off to rescue a lasagne from burning. Shall return with an S in due course (or, after two courses) - unless anyone wants to leap in with a handy puzzler?
        Work on your S while scraping the burnt bits off

I shall perform a rapide Mercia's Excuse-Me!

I have a Q forming...
        "...the isle is full of noises,
        Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
        Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
        Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
          I do hope you have slaved all afternoon over that homemade lasagne and it's not Marks and Sparks?
          I'm sure no-one wants to leap in with an S, waiting for yours will fuel the anticipation ......

Comment

I do hope you have slaved all afternoon over that homemade lasagne and it's not Marks and Sparks?
            I'm sure no-one wants to leap in with an S, waiting for yours will fuel the anticipation ......
            Tesco's Finest do a good one (*Hides from Anna & vints* )

To sharpen the appetite: this Q lived in Canada, Algeria and France before the age of 10, and premièred Mantovani on a Cappa...

Talking of which, I quite fancy some tea myself

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
              Tesco's Finest do a good one (*Hides from Anna & vints* )

To sharpen the appetite: this Q lived in Canada, Algeria and France before the age of 10, and premièred Mantovani on a Cappa...

Talking of which, I quite fancy some tea myself
              Heart Face, what sort of tea are you on?
              Mercs got your P, decided to skip a Q, set an R, ferney got said R and ...............
              Oh, I geddit!
              Memo to self: Read all posts and don't assume all blokes are glued to some silly footy match!
              edit: Jean-Guihen Queyras

Comment

looks like BBC Music Magazine Top CD, old J-G Queyras himself

that would be Bruno Mantovani whose works include Bug, Blue Girl with Red Wagon, Zapping and Happy Hours

Comment

Heart Face, what sort of tea are you on?
                  Mercs got your P, decided to skip a Q, set an R, ferney got said R and ...............
                  Oh, I geddit!
                  Memo to self: Read all posts and don't assume all blokes are glued to some silly footy match!
                  Yup - see my #19218!

I like to have something else to do during the longeurs of a football match...

Comment

Yup - see my #19218!
                    I like to have something else to do during the longeurs of a football match...
                    I think I beat mercs to the answer by 60 secs via a nifty edit! Footy cannot be so cool you have to play around with composers!

Comment

Originally posted by mercia View Post
                      looks like BBC Music Magazine Top CD, old J-G Queyras himself

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean-Guihen_Queyras
                      There you go!

The great benefit of Mercia's Excuse-Me is that mercia can leap on the solution without fearing he'll have to set a puzzle, as the next letter is already spoken for!

Yup J-GQ lived in those three countries when young, premièred Bruno Mantovani's Cello Concerto in 2005, and plays a Goffredo Cappa cello from 1696.

Don't think we've had Queyras before, have we?

Comment

The great benefit of Mercia's Excuse-Me is that mercia can leap on the solution without fearing he'll have to set a puzzle, as the next letter is already spoken for!
                        I'm like an open book

the archivist says no Queyras registered before

Comment

I'm like an open book

the archivist says no Queyras registered before

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban

I look up when the crowd noise crescendos...

The great thing about Scandi-crime like The Bridge, is that one can't watch and occasionally look at the laptop... I wonder if that isn't why they've had such success, in part: in this distracted and distracting age, people are forced to focus on it to the exclusion of all else, due to the subtitles...I concentrate more on The Bridge than I do on work in the office

Hope ferney is having success carbon-dating his lasagne!
                            I look up on the rare occasions I watch commercial tv (Corrie?) and the adverts come on - and there is thought to oneself - is the gap long enough for the kettle to boil?

Scandi-crime, yes, Stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone, prevent the dog from barking with a juicy bone ........... The point is, these programmes DEMAND concentration, for, like, two hours! Unheard of in UK tv drama, which is why they are so popular Peeps like to have their brains exercised! I take mine for a walk everyday down by the river .......

Comment

did you read Mark Lawson on Scandinavian crime TV ?

Mark Lawson: With BBC4's latest import The Bridge set to hit screens this weekend, are viewers more willing to forgive Scandinavian imports' flaws?

Comment

did you read Mark Lawson on Scandinavian crime TV ?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-rad...rama-overrated
                                Yes I did... Some interesting points, and I wouldn't disagree with him... but it works!

Comment

Working...
                                X