This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Caliban View Post

Damn you, Flay... just catching up and was planning a cunning quip on reading Anna's post!! You're way ahead of me
    Always happy to displease
    Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Flay View Post
      Always happy to displease
      You do it so charmingly
      "...the isle is full of noises,
      Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
      Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
      Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Well I think Ammy got it with Hall.

Norfy must have been blown away by his chill northerly wind

Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Oh well, Norfy is offline it seems but I think the I belongs to Ams, subject to verification of correct result, I am still confused about the horse .......
          Anyone going to watch Eurovision tonight? Or are we off down the pub, or pedalling in the park, or throwing another prawn on the barbie? (I'm having a fishy day btw, got trout tonight, I shall be chock full of Omega 3 - and fish is good for the brain, it may even help me solve a puzzle!) Edit: Whoops, didn't see Flay above me

Comment

Hello all- just got back. (I didn't think my harmless little question would take so long to answer).
            Anyway:
            A thoroughbred horse is a barbican, the consort was Albert, the English used to (and still may) call Conwy Conway, and Oscar Wilde was staying in Room 118 of the Cadogan Hotel.
            So we have four London concert venues, namely the Barbican, Albert, Conway and Cadogan Halls.
            Anna's 'I'?
            First Capital Connect will take you to Barbican, whence you may use other capital connections to rech the other venues.

Comment

Originally posted by Norfolk Born View Post
              Anna's 'I'?
              You is joking me! I got nothing right (I even bet on the wrong horse!!) No, Ammy cracked it.

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                Or are we off down the pub, or pedalling in the park, or throwing another prawn on the barbie? (I'm having a fishy day btw, got trout tonight, I shall be chock full of Omega 3 - and fish is good for the brain, it may even help me solve a puzzle!)
                We are barbying at friends' so I will not be around for the evening. I suspect we'll be carnivores. No pescetarianism for us!

Whoops, didn't see Flay above me
                Open your eyes, darling
                Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Whoops! So he did - apologies, Ammy (too busy trying to catch up with AA and other stuff before supper).

Comment

A thoroughbred horse is a barbican
                    Is it?!

Well, I never! I see it in various dictionaries but... that's pretty obscure! Or is it just me (and mercs)?
                    "...the isle is full of noises,
                    Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                    Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                    Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

http://www.racingpost.com/horses2/ca...6#raceTabs=sc_
                      Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Maybe Norfy looked at the disambiguation for barbican but didn't click on it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbican_(horse)
                        Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

I actually had a much earlier throughbred horse called Barbican in mind, which I stumbled upon via a Wiki disambiguation. I was originally going to offer a clue based on weak beer.

Comment

Maybe Norfy looked at the disambiguation for barbican but didn't click on it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbican_(horse)
                            I used it as a basis for further research, and found this:

Comment

No pescetarianism for us! Open your eyes, darling
                              What? No pescetarianism? Not even a flounder in the dark? I can keep my eyes closed for that. Oh dear, the curse of the hot Saturday afternoon strikes again. I'm going to sit outside with a cold glass of something and dream of a possible sole mate who dances to the same tuna.

Comment

Don't worry, Norfy. I liked the post code idea.

I was originally going to offer a clue based on weak beer.
                                There was once a TV comedy spoof about the man from DelMonte where the man in the white suit was trying that "beer", nearly vomiting, then smiling. All the workers were looking on anxiously, then cheered: "the man from Barbican, he say yes!"
                                Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X