X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alphabet Associations
    Previous answers – posts #0001 to#6583

A Ave Verum, Argo, Aspen, A (440hz), Alwyn, Amadeus, Adams, African, Antheil, Adam, Aaron, Albrecht, Arms, AGM, Albeniz, Armenia, Alphabet, Arthur
    B Britten (2), Beach, B flat, Ball/Barber/Bilk, Bechstein, Bayreuth, Burgon, Boulanger, Bernstein, Bar, Bert, Bartholemew, Bosanquet, Bluebird, Blow, Barbirolli
    C Columbus, Clytemnestra, Copland, Cockaigne, Crumb, Children, Cathedral, Calisto, Curzon, Coronation, Clarinet, Cantata, Catherine, Cypress, Cherry, Carissima, Cherkassky
    D DG, Doric, Dragon, Demon, Draeseke, Dolly, Dark, Dances, Delibes, Don, Death, Dowland, Diomede, Desafinado, Diamond, Delius, Dmitri
    E Enigma, Elisabeth, Eric, Ellis, Ellington, Erich, Eccles, Eclogue, ‘E’, Elgar, Enharmonic, Ennio, Ernest, Echo, Etoiles, Ebony, Eight
    F Fugue, Fritz, Florence, Ferguson, Fuchs, Fermata, Feux Follets, Fauré, Frankfurt, Fandango, Five, Fancy, Four, Ferrier, Faust, Fountain
    G Gloria, Gomez, Gabrieli, Gioconda, Goossens, Gayaneh, Gnome, Grace, Georg, Gerusalemme, Gaspard, Glass, Goat (Capriccio), Granados, Grofe, Galliard, Garanča
    H Hirondelle, Henri, Harold, Hammer, Harty, Henze, Hahn, Harriet, Harry, Holiday, Howard, Horn, Half, Herring, Hugo, Herbert, Hymn
    I Indian, Invicta, Ian, Iphigenia, Imperial, Inches, Igor, Idyll, Ives, Indes, Irving, Ibert, Innocence, Ippolitov-Ivanov, Istomen, Ice, Introduction
    J Joseph, Juilliard, Jacob, Jacques, Joplin, Jerusalem, Jeremiah, Jenner, Jordan, Jupiter, Jeune, Jones/Jonas, Jacquet, Judith, Jenny, Jeux, Järvi
    K Kapellmeister, Kuijken, Kronos, Kreutzer, Koeln, Karl, Knight, Kullervo, King, Korngold, Kinder, Kostelanetz, Kraus, Krieger, Kellogg, Kallinikov, Klangfarbenmelodie
    L Lvov, Lancashire, Lyadov, Landi, Lincoln, Litany, Lombardy, Liverpool, Lucerne, Lyric, Lorelei, Lamb, Leonora, Low, Largo, Lutoslawski, Litolff
    M Malibran, Malcolm, Merrie, Martinu, Miller, Metronome, Missa Luba, Mark, Marian, Monothematic, Mandarin, Melodrama, Mountain, Mazeppa, Medtner, Menotti, Mompou
    N Neville Cardus, Nielsen (2), Neptune, Nono, Nyman, Newcastle, Nevers, Naples, Nocturne, Night, Nash, Nixon, Nelson, Nordheim, Navarra, New
    O Orff, Ondine, Orlando, Orpheus, Orange, Oliver, Oramo, Open, Orson, Offenbach, Ophicleide, Oxford, Ockeghem, O, Oberon, Odour, Oedipus
    P Philip, Petrassi, Papa, Pacific 231, Passacaglia, Padstow, Polignac, Primrose, Pigs, Plantagenet, Peter, Pierre, Palindrome, Piper, Pizzetti, Patience, Penny
    Q Quodlibet, Qualiton, Quartets, Quincy, Quint, Quasthoff, Quilter, Quicksilver, Queen, Quest, Quaker, Quattro, Quartettsatz,
    R Reimann, Romania, Rim, Rawsthorne, Rhapsody, Roman, Ripieno, Red Red, Roy, Rhythm, Ricci, River, Rock, Robert, Reich, Rankl, Racine
    S Serpent, Staatskapelle, Stravinsky, Solveig, Schnittke, Shellfish, Sackbut, Sessions, Scott, Silver, Striggio, Susanna, Salomon, Soler, Serenade, Simon, Shostakovitch
    T Tamburlaine, Tales, Trittico, Tippett, Thomas, Twins, Turandot, Tango, Trio, Time/Tempo, Tasso, TV documentaries, Taneyev, Twinkle, Tatiana, Trousers, Turina
    U Umberto, Under, Unicorn, University, Ukelele/Unda Maris, Underground, Utopia, Unknown, Ursuleac, Uptown, Unstern, Ullman, Uber, Uncle, Uchida, Ulster, Unger
    V Viola da Gamba, Vasary, Venusberg, Venice (2), Vanishing Bridegroom, Victor, Vanity, Viola, Velvet, Voltaire, Village, Vera, Violet, Vinteuil, Villa Lobos
    W Waldtaube, Weill, Walkure, Winter, Wilhelm, Walton/Weller/White, Walter (3), Wenlock, Williams, S Wagner, Whale, Witold, Wells, Wolf
    X Xaver, Xylophone, Xenia, X (double sharp), Composers ending in X, Xanadu, Xi, Xerxes, Xenakis
    Y Ysaye, Yo Yo Ma, Yellow (2), Yves, Yolanda, Young, Yung, Year, Youth, Yes, York
    Z Zeffirelli, Zimmermann (2), Zappa, Zamiel, Zero (2), Zoo, Zemlinsky, Zarzuela, Zoroaster, Zoltan

Comment

yes, always interesting rubbers, I learnt a lot there

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
        It depends, what the Basque wants, the Basque gets is my philosophy.
        No wonder he's worn out

I see no reason to rush, do you?
        Agreed. We've all the time in the world...

Comment

http://youtu.be/pJsPol2w6-A (You may have to wait for it to process - whatever that means).

Comment

Originally posted by Ofcachap View Post
            http://youtu.be/pJsPol2w6-A (You may have to wait for it to process - whatever that means).
            Please tell me it was Louis Armstrong - and not Boyzone!!

Comment

What F

- was indeterminate
              - met John after they both heard Webern
              - promoted a Houston place of worship

Comment

Originally posted by mercia View Post
                What F

- was indeterminate
                - met John after they both heard Webern
                - promoted a Houston place of worship
                I'll keep it minimalist (or indeterminate):

Morton Feldman

John Cage/ Rothko Chapel :cool2:

Comment

Originally posted by rubbernecker View Post
                  Feldman

I shall have to ditch wikipedia it's all too obvious

that's me done for today - have fun everybody

Comment

What G links a violinist from Poland, a group from Manchester, and variations?

Comment

Re. Amateur on Cantelli #6620

His recordings are rare enough, but that clip was a first for me too, which was why I posted it. Why did he burst into tears at the sight of the drum? Was it because it was exactly what was required, or that they had made a bad job of the reproduction?
                      I think that Toscanini was recently dead and the sight of the hooge drum bore in on the realisation that he was now carrying the torch, end of an era stuff

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                        I think that Toscanini was recently dead and the sight of the hooge drum bore in on the realisation that he was now carrying the torch, end of an era stuff
                        Hang on a sec, ams, he pre-deceased Toscanini by two months so surely that can't be right?

Comment

Hang on a sec, ams, he pre-deceased Toscanini by two months so surely that can't be right?
                          well another fine theory goes West, innit

Toscanini gave his last concert in 1954; Cantelli was killed in 1956, and gave performances of Verdi Requiem in 1955, so prehaps this fits the story better ().

Cantelli was killed in November 1956 and Toscanini died in January 1957, never having been told of Cantelli's death
                          Last edited by Guest; 26-05-11, 20:43. Reason: additional info

Comment

Toscanini gave his last concert in 1954; Cantelli was killed in 1956, and gave performances of Verdi Requiem in 1955, so prehaps this fits the story better ()
                            Just keep massaging them facts, bruvver

Aren't you going to have a crack at my (extremely easy) G?

Comment

What G links a violinist from Poland, a group from Manchester, and variations?
                              Could it be Symon Goldberg, violinist, and Goldberg Variations?

What the group is I have yet to discover .... unless I'm completely wrong!

Oooooh Mr Grimsdale, Mr Grimsdaa-aaaaale!

The Goldberg Ensemble is a string ensemble formed in 1982 in Manchester, UK.

Comment

Could it be Symon Goldberg, violinist, and Goldberg Variations?

What the group is I have yet to discover .... unless I'm completely wrong!

Oooooh Mr Grimsdale, Mr Grimsdaa-aaaaale!

The Goldberg Ensemble is a string ensemble formed in 1982 in Manchester, UK.

Oooh! That was sooo masterful! Masterful, it was, Mr 'Orne... A full 'ouse

Szymon Goldberg, Goldberg Ensemble and Goldberg Variations

An haitch, if you'd be so kind, milady...

Comment

Working...
                                X