When you've a moment.. have look at this!

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it is, does it matter?

Comment

It sounds much better in that location - almost designed for street performance I reckon

Comment

Originally posted by Northender View Post
        If it is, does it matter?
        yes

Comment

I think this explains perfectly well what it was
          On the 130th anniversary of the founding of Banco Sabadell we wanted to pay homage to our city by means of the campaign "Som Sabadell" (We are Sabadell) . This is the flashmob that we arranged as a final culmination with the participation of 100 people from the Vallès Symphony Orchestra, the Lieder, Amics de l'Òpera and Coral Belles Arts choirs.
          Thank you from me, a beautiful post.

Comment

So it's an advert for a BANK !!!!
            what a shame

Comment

Originally posted by MrGongGong View Post
              So it's an advert for a BANK !!!!
              what a shame
              I think that's a bit ungenerous Mr GG. Catalan banks do seem to have a sense of belonging to their communities. The Caixa de Catalunya for example does some excellent work in the cultural and environmental field. I'm happy to take this at face value.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Tarleton View Post
                I think that's a bit ungenerous Mr GG. Catalan banks do seem to have a sense of belonging to their communities. The Caixa de Catalunya for example does some excellent work in the cultural and environmental field. I'm happy to take this at face value.
                Sure
                but it still strikes me as a little sad when activities which are rooted in spontaneity and a kind of cultural anarchism are stolen for the purposes of advertising

I'm not saying its BAD, it's a very clever piece of theatre and uplifting like theatre can be ...........

Comment

Originally posted by MrGongGong View Post
                  Sure
                  but it still strikes me as a little sad when activities which are rooted in spontaneity and a kind of cultural anarchism are stolen for the purposes of advertising

I'm not saying its BAD, it's a very clever piece of theatre and uplifting like theatre can be ...........
                  Fair enough. I'm going to send it to a few friends...

Comment

I have happy memories of working in the Vallès, so it was lovely to see and hear this. Thanks for posting it.

(I do agree with Mr GG, though - the flashmob is now a corporate advertising tool)

Comment

So this is our dream made to look as if it had come true? Is that why we have been so moved because it is, well, just like a dream?

MrGG
                      still strikes me as a little sad when activities which are rooted in spontaneity and a kind of cultural anarchism are stolen for the purposes of advertising
                      I couldn’t agree more. It is a pity that they didn’t organise just the performance. It could have been just as good… and genuine. I wish they’d have at least left out children. But then, it probably wouldn’t have been so effective.

Comment

Marvellous. Every British orchestra should follow suit, in every town and city centre throughout the country. The BBC should lead the way, so come on RW, you of all people should support whole-heartedly.

Comment

I’m sure they will be more than happy to do the same if banks pay them and organise the audience.

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon View Post
                            Brilliant video, although the last movement of Beethoven 9 doesn't really do it for me.(no problem with movts 1 to 3).
                            Does that make me odd?.

Comment

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
                              Brilliant video, although the last movement of Beethoven 9 doesn't really do it for me.(no problem with movts 1 to 3).
                              Does that make me odd?.
                              I tend to agree about the Beethoven.
                              I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

Originally posted by doversoul View Post
                                I’m sure they will be more than happy to do the same if banks pay them and organise the audience.
                                Right. Must talk to Fred Goodwin and Bob Diamond about that one. As long as they don't play too much derivative music, it should be fine - and at least any living composer whose work gets played in such things will have the pleasure and honour of knowing that his/her work will be serving the bank and its shareholders, just like it would have served the Church, the nobility or whomsoever else centuries ago before Beethoven (remember him in all of this?!) decided to try going freelance...

Seroiusly, though, it could be argued that there's an indirect relationship with El Sistema in this, except that El Sistema's a social engineering exercise to get kids off the streets whereas this is another one to get everyone off the streets (after the music's been played, of course!) and into the bank branches - and, in case anyone has any doubts, I have a great deal of admiration for El Sistema (and its current offshoot in Scotland) and I'm a long time fan of Catalunya!...

Comment

Working...
                                X