Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jonathan View Post
    Anyone else remember Echo bars? They are no longer made by Fox's, sadly.
    Yes,a Twix shaped thing,biscuit with white chocolate covered in milk chocolate
    “Music is the best means we have of digesting time." — Igor Stravinsky

Comment

Originally posted by Padraig View Post
      I've nearly given up chocolate, but I'm allowed to dream and I dream of marzipan. Terrys used to do a slim Marzipan bar, but I never see it now. They took away the marzipan diamond from Black Magic. There was never a marzipan choc in Quality Street. The Danes still value it and I used to get presents from Denmark at Christmas. Thankfully Lidl get a load of large marzipan bars in for Christmas and I am on the lookout! There's life after Trump after all.
      Follow this link to heaven Padraig. I once visited the Niederegger shop in Lubeck - pure joy!
      Niederegger Marzipan aus Lübeck - Höchste Qualität seit über 200 Jahren.

Comment

Originally posted by Bella Kemp View Post
        Follow this link to heaven Padraig. I once visited the Niederegger shop in Lubeck - pure joy!
        https://www.niederegger.de/marzipan/
        The cookware and cleaning gadget shop Lakeland sells Niederegger marzipan, particularly in the months leading up to Christmas.
        "I do not approve of anything that tampers with natural ignorance. Ignorance is like a delicate exotic fruit; touch it and the bloom is gone. The whole theory of modern education is radically unsound. Fortunately in England, at any rate, education produces no effect whatsoever. If it did, it would prove a serious danger to the upper classes, and probably lead to acts of violence in Grosvenor Square."
        Lady Bracknell The importance of Being Earnest

Comment

Originally posted by LHC View Post
          The cookware and cleaning gadget shop Lakeland sells Niederegger marzipan, particularly in the months leading up to Christmas.
          At least some Waitrose stores stock Niedergger, though at an exorbitant £5 (as against Lakeland's £4.99 for 100g). A clear example of their no longer being "never knowingly undersold".

Comment

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
            At least some Waitrose stores stock Niedergger, though at an exorbitant £5 (as against Lakeland's £4.99 for 100g). A clear example of their no longer being "never knowingly undersold".
            The wonders of the 99p hook... The undersold pledge was for the department stores. The Waitrose equivalent was a Tesco price match on certain lines.

Comment

Originally posted by oddoneout View Post
              The wonders of the 99p hook... The undersold pledge was for the department stores. The Waitrose equivalent was a Tesco price match on certain lines.
              Did not Waitrose also use the slogan once John Lewis took then into its partnership in 1937? They may have dropped it before the John Lewis Partnership department stores but I seem to recall them using it when I first started shopping in them, back in the 1960s.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
                Did not Waitrose also use the slogan once John Lewis took then into its partnership in 1937? They may have dropped it before the John Lewis Partnership department stores but I seem to recall them using it when I first started shopping in them, back in the 1960s.
                It's possible but Waitrose didn't feature on my radar until early 80s.

Comment

From Wiki: - 'In 1925, Spedan Lewis devised the slogan 'never knowingly undersold' at Peter Jones. Intended mainly as a control on sourcing merchandise, it also meant that customers could shop knowing that they were not paying more at Peter Jones than they could buy identical goods for at other stores. Trade improved and profit-sharing was resumed.'

Comment

A recommendation: crunchy almond Toblerone. I was disappointed when they discontinued the coconut variety, so it's nice having this which complements the original ...

Comment

Originally posted by Bella Kemp View Post
                      https://www.niederegger.de/marzipan/
                      Thank you Bella. I'm a bit late in replying to your kind suggestion - the truth is I have just seen it. I went to the website and saw some of the temptations which will suffice for now. I was in my Lidl store today and completely forgot to look for their Christmas marzipan. But, I've picked up the scent after your last year's post and I'll track down what goodies are available. May I be the first to wish you a sweet and merry Christmas?

Comment

Originally posted by Padraig View Post
                        May I be the first to wish you a sweet and merry Christmas?
                        Please don't start that, it's still November!!!!

Comment

....The sweet taste of Cadburys all wrapped up in delicious museum....https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c72dr8dx4dno
                          bong ching

Comment

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
                            ....The sweet taste of Cadburys all wrapped up in delicious museum....https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c72dr8dx4dno

It should also be known that the choice biscuits always displayed on the Footage Detectives hosts' plate on the Talking Pictures TV channel are artificial

Comment

Working...
                            X