Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oddoneout View Post
    I think this may have been raised already but I can't remember the response. Trying to find my recent posts doesn't bring up results that make sense. What is listed doesn't seem to be in chronological order(or at least not in relation to my posts) and isn't in any case complete, as I discovered when trying to find a post about renewing car tax. I knew I had posted, and having had a sudden bit of inspiration found the relevant thread via the general forums listing - but it wasn't in the list of recent posts results...
    Go to your Profile and make sure it's set to Activities. My Recent Posts just lists the threads in the order in which the last post was made - regardless of whether it was made by me or someone else.
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

I find it rather frustrating that, all too frequently, if I temporarily leave the Forum tab to look at something else (leaving the Forum tab active) when I return, maybe just a few minutes later, I have been logged out. It even happens if I just don't go to another tab but simply refrain from interacting with the Forum for a few minutes, then try to reply (with the logged-in icon being active). As soon as I try to reply, I get logged out. Is there a way of staying logged in that I have missed?

Comment

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
        I find it rather frustrating that, all too frequently, if I temporarily leave the Forum tab to look at something else (leaving the Forum tab active) when I return, maybe just a few minutes later, I have been logged out. It even happens if I just don't go to another tab but simply refrain from interacting with the Forum for a few minutes, then try to reply (with the logged-in icon being active). As soon as I try to reply, I get logged out. Is there a way of staying logged in that I have missed?
        That doesn't happen to me (on Chrome) and never has on the new Forum. I never log out of the Forum, not even last thing at night when I just close tabs and shut down my laptop.
        "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

Originally posted by Petrushka View Post

That doesn't happen to me (on Chrome) and never has on the new Forum. I never log out of the Forum, not even last thing at night when I just close tabs and shut down my laptop.
          I get logged off (Safari, private browsing mode, on my iPad) quite frequently, but I haven't investigated if it's any one specific other site I visit that's the culprit or not.
          It used to happen on the old site too (though not quite so frequently, perhaps).

Comment

Presumably when logging in you always tick the 'remember me' box? (I'm not convinced that this would be the root of the problem as you're not closing the forum tab, but worth asking.) What browser are you using, and have you customised any privacy settings?

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Slater View Post

Presumably when logging in you always tick the 'remember me' box? (I'm not convinced that this would be the root of the problem as you're not closing the forum tab, but worth asking.) What browser are you using, and have you customised any privacy settings?
              Yes, I have the remember me box ticked. I am using Firefox with the "Standard" privacy settings. There is an intermittent aspect to it. This time, though I both looks at emails and went to my QOBUZ sub and 'imported' some music, when I returned to the Forum, about an hour later, it was still active. Very puzzling.

Comment

Yes, I have the remember me box ticked. I am using Firefox with the "Standard" privacy settings.
                I'm using Firefox with the "Standard" privacy settings, and am not encountering any problems. (I'm using Ubuntu Linux.)

One easy thing to try would be to log out, delete the forum cookie and log back in. (But I dare say you've already tried that.)

Comment

Posted in error, so the original text has been deleted.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Slater View Post

I'm using Firefox with the "Standard" privacy settings, and am not encountering any problems. (I'm using Ubuntu Linux.)

One easy thing to try would be to log out, delete the forum cookie and log back in. (But I dare say you've already tried that.)
                    I'm using Windows 10 on this laptop and use CCleaner frequently to clear cookies, etc.

Comment

I'm using Windows 10 on this laptop and use CCleaner frequently to clear cookies, etc.
                      Does CCleaner clear the Remember Me cookie? I use Firefox, don't log out (like Petrushka) and am still logged in next day.
                      It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Originally posted by french frank View Post

Does CCleaner clear the Remember Me cookie? I use Firefox, don't log out (like Petrushka) and am still logged in next day.
                        CCleaner does clear "Remember Me" but is only used when closing a browser. Each time I fire up Firefox I re-tick the Remember Me box but the problem with getting logged out intermittently, in the same session, persists.

Comment

CCleaner does clear "Remember Me" but is only used when closing a browser. Each time I fire up Firefox I re-tick the Remember Me box but the problem with getting logged out intermittently, in the same session, persists.
                          I'm afraid I'm stumped. Could it be CCleaner being too efficient and clearing within a Firefox session?

Comment

Originally posted by french frank View Post

Go to your Profile and make sure it's set to Activities. My Recent Posts just lists the threads in the order in which the last post was made - regardless of whether it was made by me or someone else.
                            Afraid I can't see anything labelled "Activities". The closest is "Latest Activity" which I do have ticked.

Aagh.Is this gaslighting, am I going doolalley(answers not required whether on a postcard or not) I've just gone back and clocked on Profile and its come up with Activities - but it hasn't done that on any previous occasion, hence my puzzlement. Oh well, just make the most of being able to find my posts I suppose.
                            Last edited by oddoneout; 22-08-23, 16:19. Reason: Update

Comment

I get logged out for taking too long to create a reply to a post, which is really tiresome, although at least now I know how to deal with it without losing the post - or the plot. I don't know if I get logged out otherwise for non-activity as I don't tend to leave such things open even if I leave the PC on to come back to later.

Comment

Originally posted by oddoneout View Post

Afraid I can't see anything labelled "Activities". The closest is "Latest Activity" which I do have ticked.
                                If you go to the top right of the page, where you see your username and a small dropdown arrow, click on the dropdown and choose My Profile. There you should see a row of tabs ACTIVITIES SUBSCRIBED ABOUT MEDIA. If it's on Activities it's giving me a list of every post I've made recently in the order I made them (currently showing the two I made in the Hidden Women and my reply to Bryn about CCleaner as the last three).

Comment

Working...
                                X