Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by french frank View Post

It shows how useful avatars are. Check the avatar not the name. It's just riffling back through its records to see whose name is supposed to go with that avatar
    The R3 adverts thread is now seemingly being subject to the slow search - and coming to the wrong answer. I'm listed as last post but It's Jason's picture up - correctly - and there have been several replies since I last posted.

And I'm still getting caught out by the fact that logging in after looking "externally", takes me to the first post on the thread I've been looking at, not the most recent and "Latest Activity", although still set(or at least I haven't altered it) doesn't operate manually, so scroll down to the bottom of the page to reset the page number is still order of the day.

Comment

It's happening to quite a few threads. Probably time to clear the cache again. I'll look into it tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Slater View Post
        It's happening to quite a few threads. Probably time to clear the cache again. I'll look into it tomorrow.
        Definitely something awry with ordering of posts and updating number of responses.

(Apologies for odd result from copy and paste!)

Jason has morphed into Bryn, and no response has been registered; later contributions are further down the page!
        02-10-23, 18:33
        in Early Music
        0 responses
        0 likes
        JasonPalmer
        by JasonPalmer
        Today, 14:50
        Retirement
        Started by Eine Alpensinfonie, 17-12-14, 21:37
        in Platform 3
        731 responses
        0 likes
        Serial_Apologist
        by Serial_Apologist
        Today, 14:55
        Drama on Radio 3
        Started by french frank, 04-08-23, 15:30
        in Radio 3 Arts
        33 responses
        0 likes
        JasonPalmer
        by JasonPalmer
        Today, 14:54

Comment

Ah - an identities crisis!

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Slater View Post
            The reported anomalies seem to have cleared, but I found at least one - on the ENO thread. I've just cleared the cache and at least that ENO thread fault has cleared. Please continue to advise of any other anomalies noticed.

Comment

Apologies if this has been mentioned before, but how do I get an intentional opening square bracket in a post? I guess because we use it as the delimiter (or is it called the escape character?) it behaves oddly in a text passage (in the case in point appearing, but devouring the space in front of it).

Comment

Originally posted by Pulcinella View Post
                Apologies if this has been mentioned before, but how do I get an intentional opening square bracket in a post? I guess because we use it as the delimiter (or is it called the escape character?) it behaves oddly in a text passage (in the case in point appearing, but devouring the space in front of it).
                What is an intentional opening square bracket? Is it different from an ordinary opening square bracket? Is it something different on a PC?
                It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

...[works here]

Comment

What is an intentional opening square bracket? Is it different from an ordinary opening square bracket? Is it something different on a PC?
                    Ah; apologies. I meant intentional in the sense of to distinguish the text in a set of nested brackets, so the inside pair in this text, which is where it went wrong, so I changed then to curly ones!

Though there's quite often music on during the day while I'm doing something else (usually reading or doing the ironing; anathema to some on here, I know {listening while doing something else; not ironing, though perhaps that too!}), I tend not to listen to choral/vocal/operatic works unless I can concentrate more fully.

Comment

... oo, I will try (he said [speaking as a lover of yer square bracket]...). Possibly?

Comment

Originally posted by Pulcinella View Post

Ah; apologies. I meant intentional in the sense of to distinguish the text in a set of nested brackets,
                        I see I don't do nested brackets
                        It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

....Hmmm someone will be wanting to do those 2 squares together like people use in texts....I'm never sure what they mean....
                          bong ching

Comment

I see I don't do nested brackets
                            Leave that to the birds putting satellite dishes to better use?

Comment

As I'm on the anomalies page...still getting logged out when trying to make considered/fact-checked posts. I've got the hang of the quick way to get back in again, but even so I don't really like being reminded so often that I don't always work quickly. It doesn't seem to make any difference if I am active on the post, there is evidently some time limit of how long I can have the box open before it gets sent.
                              Takes me back to primary school reports saying that what work I produced was good but I took too long and so it was not always finished.

Comment

Trying again.

Original text (with something in brackets [and then something else]) with both closing ones being adjacent.
                                Original text (with something in brackets [and then something else] but continuing so not adjacent) and then finishing the sentence.

And they both worked.
                                How very odd!

Comment

Working...
                                X